How To Put 920 Europe Map on 540m & Reverse

Can someone tell me if this is accurate. I just don't see this as being inpossible to do. Is the answer accurate and if so is there a work around. I would think I could just delete the US map and load (through windows) the Europe map and then reverse when I returned. FYI doesn't have room for both & no slot for memory card. HELP!!.
I posed this question to TomTom Support: I have a TT 920 and a new 540m. I use them both in different cars. When I go to Europe, I want to use the 540m because I want the bigger screen. I know the 540m doesn't have room to just add the Europe map so I would like to load the Europe map from my 920 to my 540m and I assume delete the US/Canada map from the 540m.
Is that possible to do and how and which files would I delete from the 540m and add to it from the 920. When I get back, will this be reversible?

TomTom Support replied: Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Customer Support. My name is XXX and we are always happy to help.

I understand that you would like to download the map of Europe from the Go 920 device to XXL 540. We understand your concern.

Please rest assured that I will do my best to resolve this issue.
Kindly note that the maps which are installed in one specific device cannot be transferred on other devices. The reason for this is certificate file created for that specific map will work only in that particular model.[/B

]I hope you find the information useful. In case if you have further queries, please reply and let us know of the status. We are here to support your needs.

I answered you in your original post, I deleted a second duplicate and you post again.......

Once is enough, please!!

Thanks

Sorry, just joined today and new to posting. I thought I had to do it in different categories for everyone to see.

Ask a Question