How to make a correction

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL-335TM; Map 935.5811
I've had my TT-3rd ed for about 2 months now, and am really enjoying it. I've subscribed to 'map share' and noticed that I'm getting some corrections that I download every few days.

There's one error that I've tried reporting that I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. When I travel on this 4-lane divided highway (State Rd-7), TomTom tells me to "Stay right - Stay in the right lane." There's nothing there that I need to stay right to avoid. I think it has to do with some road construction that occurred a couple of years ago. I've tried reporting this error through 'unblock street' and 'report other error', but not sure if this is the right way to go about it. The other day when I was traveling this route, I got a screen capture (thanks Birdman on this 'how-to') and attached it below. You can see that there is an extra lane (shown in black) going off toward the left next to the red arrow ahead. This is exactly the area where TomTom tells me to 'Stay right' (you can see I'm 85 yds away in the status area). The lanes ahead are all open and show that way on TomTom's screen. Not sure why TT keeps telling me to 'Stay right'. The same thing occurs about 2 more miles down the road and I've tried correcting that error too.

Any suggestions or comments?

Attachments

• SR7 error.jpg
    SR7 error.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
I've had my TT-3rd ed for about 2 months now, and am really enjoying it. I've subscribed to 'map share' and noticed that I'm getting some corrections that I download every few days.

There's one error that I've tried reporting that I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. When I travel on this 4-lane divided highway (State Rd-7), TomTom tells me to "Stay right - Stay in the right lane." There's nothing there that I need to stay right to avoid. I think it has to do with some road construction that occurred a couple of years ago. I've tried reporting this error through 'unblock street' and 'report other error', but not sure if this is the right way to go about it. The other day when I was traveling this route, I got a screen capture (thanks Birdman on this 'how-to') and attached it below. You can see that there is an extra lane (shown in black) going off toward the left next to the red arrow ahead. This is exactly the area where TomTom tells me to 'Stay right' (you can see I'm 85 yds away in the status area). The lanes ahead are all open and show that way on TomTom's screen. Not sure why TT keeps telling me to 'Stay right'. The same thing occurs about 2 more miles down the road and I've tried correcting that error too.

Any suggestions or comments?

The TomTom is still telling you to stay right because that black "construction road" still exists in its mind.

I would try using the following option:
Existing street
Allows you to do the following for streets that exist on your map:

* Report streets that no longer exist

Thanx Birdman,

I'll try using 'existing streets' to report it. Never thought about that one.

I just did a correction to the map today, made a turn on a street that I knew had one name and the TT said a different name, I believe this may have been the orignial name years ago, so went into corrections and it had the old street name and when it came up under corrections it said "change name to" and I just put in the new name, came home and downloaded and it said correction made, now for me that was impressive, as you can see it doesn't take much to impress me...........:D

can we all have the name of the street, city and state to see if the correction was given out.

Good and hopefully the whole street got changed to that, what I had originally was the back part of the street was the "N.Dorsey Dr" and then it did change to Sierra College at the top of the hill, so I wanted the street to run all the way thru from E. Main St to Ridge Rd, will check it out this weekend and see if it did the job, Thanks for the reply.

Good and hopefully the whole street got changed to that, what I had originally was the back part of the street was the "N.Dorsey Dr" and then it did change to Sierra College at the top of the hill, so I wanted the street to run all the way thru from E. Main St to Ridge Rd, will check it out this weekend and see if it did the job, Thanks for the reply.

Mine has N Dorsey from Ridge, to Litton, and there is a circle there where it changes to Sierra College.

Mine has N Dorsey from Ridge, to Litton, and there is a circle there where it changes to Sierra College.
I'm guessing, but I think that when "eldorado" said,

"...so I went into corrections - it had the old street name. When it came up under corrections, it said "change name to" and I just put in the new name. Came home and downloaded and it said correction made".

I think that meant the correction was 'uploaded' to TomTom's server. It still needs to be verified and then the correction will be downloaded to everyone.

"...so I went into corrections - it had the old street name. When it came up under corrections, it said "change name to" and I just put in the new name. Came home and downloaded and it said correction made".

I think that meant the correction was 'uploaded' to TomTom's server. It still needs to be verified and then the correction will be downloaded to everyone.
Just curious why you keep making your text smaller than everyone elses...?

I do have it set to only accept changes verified by Tom Tom

Just curious why you keep making your text smaller than everyone elses...?

On my computer, my post is bigger than everyone elses post. In that feedback forum where we discussed the text size, I think it was you who suggested using 'ctrl' and 'mouse wheel' to change the text size (thanks). But this only works for me (IE-6) if the poster highlights their post and sets a size (any size 1 to 7). Then 'ctrl' and 'mouse wheel' will work for me.

Ok, instead of size '1' -- which is still larger than everything else I see -- I'll use '2'. Does that look better?

Last edited:
Just checked my local map book and it shows Sierra College Dr running clear thru from Ridge Rd to E.Main ST/Nevada City Hwy, What you are seeing that circle is a fairly new roundabout they installed a couple years back when they redid the street, so hopefully the "correction" I made will show up....:confused:

Ask a Question