how to load POI's in

TomTom Model(s)
one
I have a TomTomOneV4 and when I tried to just load the POI files into the USA and Canada folder it locked my one in the splash screen. I am waiting for the battery to die now so that hopefully I will be able to get the one to reconnect with the computer so I can fix it. After I get it fixed can someone tell me how I can properly load in the POI's? Thanks in advance everyone!

rather than waiting for the battery to die out, it sounds like you would want to reset your TT ONE.
Just moving the ov2 file into the US and canada folder should have been ok.
Make sure that you save the bmp file that goes with the poi.

Well to load the custom POI's you just need to copy the .ov2 and .bmp in the map directory i.e. USA_and_Canada.

Now I'm assuming that the internal memory is accessed just like a removerable hard drive so it should be the same process.

I didn't know anything about the BMP file that went with the POI I guess I will figure that out after I get my TT1 working again

I didn't know anything about the BMP file that went with the POI I guess I will figure that out after I get my TT1 working again

The POI found here is a compressed file. When you uncompress or unzip, it should reveal two files a .ov2 and .bmp both having the same name i.e.

Days Inn.ov2
Days Inn.bmp

You copy these two files in the map map directory.

yes I was able to get back into the computer. Thanks! I have the poi and the pic file both saved in the map folder and I can now see the poi list when I go to manage the POI's but it does not have the little picture with it. Will this fix itself after I shut down and then start back up?

actually the waterfall one is working fine just the restarea one has no picture! Thanks you saved me a LOT of time!!!

Last edited:
yes I was able to get back into the computer. Thanks! I have the poi and the pic file both saved in the map folder and I can now see the poi list when I go to manage the POI's but it does not have the little picture with it. Will this fix itself after I shut down and then start back up?

Does it show a red box? That is usally because the .ov2 and the .bmp are not matching in file name. Make sure the file name is EXACT just like the example I have in the above posts.

not only did everything work out ok but I think I MIGHT be able to help out the next Newbie with questions. LOL Thanks everyone for the help! Now all I need to do is figure out how to creat POI's useing POIedit.

Can someone help out a TT1 noob? I am having this same particular problem, but I can't seem to find my maps folder. I too have V4 (internal maps) and have recently purchased a memory card to load only POI and Voices to. Can someone help me out please?

Ask a Question