How to keep favorites

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 3rd Ed
Whenever I update my maps, my favorites disappear. How do I keep them so I don't have to enter them after a new map?

Use Windows explorer to make a copy of the "MapSettings.cfg" file from your old map then copy it to your new map, if the device refuses to boot up correctly connect it to TomTom Home and use the operate My Go function to edit/ move a favourite slightly then the device should boot up correctly.

I prefer to use a custom POI file for a number of reasons:

1/ It survives the map updates
2/ Can contain thousands of locations
3/ Can store telephone numbers for each location
4/ Can be copied to multiple devices with no issue

Its up to you but due to the issues with favourites disapearing all the time when updates to application and/ or map I have switched to using a custom POI file which is a more stable method with more options - Mike

Your favourites are kept in the file mapsettings.cfg which is in the map folder. So, copy that file from the backed up map folder (that you should make prior to a map update) to the specific new map folder on the unit. Use Explorer.

Ask a Question