How to install 3rd party apps?

TomTom Model(s)
One 3rd Edition
I'm a noob asking a question that I've searched on this forum for the answer, but couldn't find it.

How do you install 3rd party apps on a TomTom (I'm using a One 3rd Edition, if that matters)? I'd like to install ReverseItn and maybe other apps too, but haven't found clear instructions on how to do this.

Since I've also created a custom menu already, it looks like I'll need to create a button pointing to ReverseItn (and all other apps). Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

If someone can describe this process well, the adminstrators should make this a sticky....

Thanks,

Steve

Since I've also created a custom menu already, it looks like I'll need to create a button pointing to ReverseItn (and all other apps). Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Yes, you need to add a line like this:

MENUITEM|TASK_SDK1|

As for installation, place the .cab and .toc files in your Home downloads directory and the Home program should install it. Alternately, you can unzip the .cab file with a program like WinRar and manually copy the files over to your TomTom.

Note that you must perform a fix on the config file in order for the program to work with Navecore 7 firmware.

http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/reverseitn.php?lang=uk

OK, I must some kind of an idiot

Yes, you need to add a line like this:

MENUITEM|TASK_SDK1|

As for installation, place the .cab and .toc files in your Home downloads directory and the Home program should install it. Alternately, you can unzip the .cab file with a program like WinRar and manually copy the files over to your TomTom.

Note that you must perform a fix on the config file in order for the program to work with Navecore 7 firmware.

http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/reverseitn.php?lang=uk

You say to put the .cab and .toc files in my Home downloads directory. The problem is I don't know where on my PC the Home downloads directory is. I know how to manually copy those files to my TomTom, but I don't know where on the TomTom to put them. At the root level, or in some subdirectory?

I'm sorry for being so clueless, but I guess I still need more specifics.

Thanks again,

Steve

Can I assume that you have 'unzipped' the .cab file?
The .cab file contains contains a folder named 'reverseitn' and the 'SdkRegistry' folder.

Copy the 'reverseitn' folder to the root directory of the TomTom. As you have already created the 'SdkRegistry' folder for your custom menu, just add the contents to the existing directory.

Or, you can copy the .cab and .toc file to C:\Documents and Settings/.../My Documents/TomTom/HOME/Downloads and install it thru the Home program.

Now I get it!

Can I assume that you have 'unzipped' the .cab file?
The .cab file contains contains a folder named 'reverseitn' and the 'SdkRegistry' folder.

Copy the 'reverseitn' folder to the root directory of the TomTom. As you have already created the 'SdkRegistry' folder for your custom menu, just add the contents to the existing directory.

Or, you can copy the .cab and .toc file to C:\Documents and Settings/.../My Documents/TomTom/HOME/Downloads and install it thru the Home program.

OK, that's the level of detail I needed! Now I have ReverseItn and Suntime running.

Thanks again for your help, and sorry for being so dense! :rolleyes:

Ask a Question