How to get navigation map info to refresh?

Hi, all! I just purchased a Tomtom XXL 530-S today and I have a question.

When I put in a route to "navigate to", it gives me the route and says how many hours and what the distance is. As I drive, I can see my little icon moving on the map. But I want it to update as I'm driving, maybe every 10 or 15 minutes, and show me how much farther I have to go and what my estimated driving time left is.

I can get it to do this manually by hitting "done", then touching the map to go to the menu, choosing "navigate to" and picking my destination off the "recent destination" menu, but this is a pain when I am driving!!! Is there any way to set Tomtom up to update this automatically?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum, Change Preferences/ Status Bar Preferences and set the options to display distance to destination, time to destination etc and this information will then be visible on the info bar at the bottom of the main navigation display - Mike

Is there a way to get it on the full-route map? The one I mean is the one that comes up as soon as you ask it to run a route, shows your entire route, and has 3 buttons at the bottom: "details," "clear route," and "done." I'm currently on a very long trip and we've been mostly using that full-route map. I suppose I can get accustomed to that main nav map, if necessary, but I like the full-route map better.

:)

Make sure you are in 2D view, not 3D and then pan out with the slider on the side of the screen. Try that.

Make sure you are in 2D view, not 3D and then pan out with the slider on the side of the screen. Try that.

For better or for worse, it is a "feature" that a zoomed view will "auto-resize" on you when the software thinks you need a closer view.

Some devices have the option to disable the auto zoom if you really need to drive zoomed out with little local detail visible - Mike

Ask a Question