how to get business or company addresses

TomTom Model(s)
Tom Tom 730
Hi , I got a tom tom 730, how do you or can you get business addresses or company addresses to show up, like if you were to do package delivery?s. I put in 125 high st in Boston mass and it says 125 not found and I know its there, it says 99 is the nearest found (because looks like it picks up HOUSE addresses) I tried other businesses, same thing

What can I do or am I out of luck :(

It may be a limitation of the map for that street. (One of our supermods, mvl, lives in Boston so can offer more advice).

You can use Google to search for business addresses and sent the location to your gps, I think.

You can use Google to search for business addresses and sent the location to your gps, I think.
Yes, that works well but not with Firefox or Chrome, Internet Explorer must be used.
(Don't know about Opera, which is more MSIE like.)

Yes, that works well but not with Firefox or Chrome, Internet Explorer must be used.
(Don't know about Opera, which is more MSIE like.)
Correction it now does work with Google's Chrome but still not with my default FireFox.

Try this for the street High St (Charrleston) and it will take you where you want to go.

Google maps has no problems with 125 High St, MA.
The 840 map offers both, High St (Boston) and High St (Charleston).
Picking Boston it does say the highest number is 99. Select Charleston it accepts 125 and proceeds to plan the route.

Sorry i was refering to programming the Go730 to get to the desired address Papa was having trouble finding

Nothing to be sorry about, ken1403, in the contrary. It was your post about Charleston that made me check with Google and then my 930.

Another reason why Tomtom should allow "anywhere" as a city option.

Charlestown is a part of Boston (separate town annexed decades ago). Annoyingly, these acquired towns often have the same named streets as the original Boston proper.

Both addresses (Boston or Charlestown) work with the post office, as they use the zip code to figure out which High Street, Washington Street, etc to send mail to. But Tomtom is more picky. My street is a dual-town street, and I can't use "Boston" as my city or else it sends me somewhere else.

Thanks for all the reply’s, I thought the gps was just picking up house addresses and not business, but it seems to work, guess I had a brain fart, also like the google maps to tom-tom

Ask a Question