How to get a large speed display, HELP please

TomTom Model(s)
TT One
Newbie here & not very tech savvy!! Don't know if I need to buy a new GPS or can I use the TT One I have. I ride a trike & need a speedometer, one I can see & read at a glance. Being old with failing eye sight I need the largest display possible. If my TT One is capable of showing larger numbers for the speed would anyone be willing to help me figure it out? If the TT One won't do what I want can anyone recommend one that would give a large display?? Thanx in advance Len H :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no way to increase the font size using the native features of your TomTom.

The only means for getting a larger display of speed would be to include a 3rd party add-on, and your unit might not have the space to even load such software. There are a bazillion ONE models out there, all with different memory configurations. Please supply the first two digits of your serial number. This will also tell us what the maximum version is for TomTom firmware for your unit.

On older software (which you MAY still have on a ONE), you had the option to add or remove items from the status bar display, and the more you added, the smaller each one got, so they could all fit.
Similarly, if you turned off everything except one item, it got bigger to fill the available space
Have a look in the "preferences/ menu for "status bar preferences". If it's there, it MIGHT have that feature.

Unfortunately, in their wisdom, TomTom eventually removed that way to customise your device (along with a lot of other useful stuff!)

------------------------------

TT used to allow the use of third-party "add-on" programs, and one that would probably do what you want is "Tripmaster" (from here).

But all of these extra programs were make ages ago when TomTom were much more helpful with ways to modify or add to the core-program.

Now most of them won't work with recent software, so you'd have to revert back to quite old software and that's not always easy or even possible.

-------------------------

To be honest, I think it might be a lot easier to keep the TomTom for navigation only and to use something else for your big speed display.

This topic on another forum has some suggestions including an iPhone app.

If you Google "Big speed display on GPS" you'll probably find some more.

Ask a Question