How to add POIs, voices etc to the new TomToms (and to BACK THEM UP) - Discussion

I’m setting up a new 1505M and trying to add POI location files created in ViaMichelin ((*.ov2 files). Using TomTom MyDrive instructions and those here (the same), the files load into the 1505 but show up as POI categories and not POIs. There does not seem to be a way to import them into existing categories. Advice appreciated. Thanks. David

I’m setting up a new 1505M and trying to add POI location files created in ViaMichelin ((*.ov2 files). Using TomTom MyDrive instructions and those here (the same), the files load into the 1505 but show up as POI categories and not POIs. There does not seem to be a way to import them into existing categories. Advice appreciated. Thanks. David
When you talk of adding them to existing categories, I assume that you mean to add them to the categories created by TomTom that came with the 1505. If that is the case, I regret to say that this is not possible. With the 1505 devices, TomTom does not allow you to alter the POI files that they provide. Any POI files (categories) that you create can be edited, but not the ones that TT provide. Having said this, keep in mind that nothing stops you from giving your files almost identical names, and both your files and the TT files can be used at the same time.

- Tom -

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the quick reply. I confused between between TT “POI Categories” and “POIs”. My understanding is that TT can only access actual POI files (location data) that reside within POI Categories (their storage folder). I’m not trying to add them to the factory categories (which I know understand I can’t) but into new categories I create. There doesn’t seem to be a way using My Drive to install them into a category where they can be accessed. Using “Manage Community Content” and then “Add POI” allows me to browse for .ov2 files that I’ve saved on my computer, and then install them but not into categories (either factory or ones I create). When I click Install they transfer but show up as additional POI categories and not POI themselves. Forgetting that ViaMichelin is my ov2 file source, how does one install any 3rd party POI file if TomTom can only recognize them with POI Categories and the “Add POI” function never shows Categories as an install location?
David

Ask a Question