How to add address on XL 3rd edition

I have the very latest maps and updates, yet the unit doesn't
recognize a street that has been there for over ten years!

This is the address:

The Tradition of the Palm Beaches
4880 Loring Dr
West Palm Beach, FL 33417-8061

Can't find any documentation either online or within the unit.

can any kind person please direct me to the answer? Thanks!

You can only report missing streets. You can use mapshare (2nd screen for it) Or, you can report it directly to TeleAtlas (TT's map supplying company) here and hope the new street does finally make its way to TT's new maps in the future.

On the other hand, is it possible the street IS there but is associated with a different city name? That happens too.

Check Google maps and see if you can find the street. If you can, it's probably on your map with a different city associated

Adding a street

I know all that. The map company you referred me to showed the street. It is also available in my Magellan. Not in my Tom Tom and no, there is no way of reporting the missing street in the Tom Tom. It asks you to enterthe street name, but you can't save it.

The TomTom also lists a city that does not exist... can"t report that, either.

Top it off with, Tom Tom's support is based in Germany! Barely speak English!

So I'm screwed.

Actually the Netherlands.......for Europe.

Why not call North American support at 866-486-6866 and see what they have to say.

Last edited:
still can't change or add a street

Thanks to all so far.. the tech support number that came with the unit was for some other country. I called the correct one just now. It seems that anybody can report a "new city" or "new street" opf any name, whether or not it exists. Even after himself!

Tech support had no answer as to why the street - 10-plus years old - wasn't showing on TomTom, yet it does show on my Magellan, other then the source of their maps.

When you let anyone add or change street names or even add cities that may or may not exist you have problems. Apparently, nobody does any double-checking.

So far, I am unhappy with this unit, because if it already has those few errors I found so far. can you imagine me trusting it to work for some other destination?

All TomTom says it can do is replace it. But I know the game. They receive it back, toss it away (it costs pennies to manufacture), and replace it with a refurbished unit, which itself is unchecked other than for basic functionality.

So this is TomTom number 2 that is defective for me.. and with no corporate number to call, I am screwed.

Thanks all, though, and if someone has a live-person contact number for me in corporate, would you be so kind,please? Thanks!

Wrong phone number

The number I originally called for Tom Tom support was correct (866-486-6866). The number someone gave me, 866-486-6877 is a number for some advertising service.

That street is missing from the latest Tomtom map, so replacing your Tomtom won't help. Google uses Tomtom maps, so if the street isn't on Google it won't be on Tomtom.

Tomtom creates its maps by user feedback and mapping trucks driving around. They must not have gotten to that road yet. Navteq, the mapping vendor of Magellan and Garmin, must have already driven down there. Everyone wants their own map issue fixed asap, so I don't think escalating to corporate will do much for you as you'll probably be one of thousands of "add my road" callers.

Tomtom has country specific support - judging from the accents of the phone reps, I'm sure North American support is US based.

Tomtom has country specific support - judging from the accents of the phone reps, I'm sure North American support is US based.

Correct.....outsourced to a company in upper New york State.

Ask a Question