• A few times per month

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Once per month

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • A few times per year

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
On average how often do you use a GPS?.

I estimate needing mine about once per month. Mostly vacations, holidays, trips to parks and museums, new restaurants, etc.

I assume most people here are pretty heavy users...

Last edited:
i use mine just about everyday of the week when im working ,not too much on weekends,but i would be literally lost without it.i go to different towns and cities every week.

It's a variable factor, sometimes it's everyday, other times it several times a week, use it both in the car and on the motorcycle........

Its really funny, I bought the TT1 for the sole purpose that my wife could use it, 'cos she's terrible with roads around here. Since getting it over a year ago though, she has only ever used it once. Myself, I'm a walking mapbook to be honest so I only need it if I go on long trips(which we only really do twice or three times a year)!

I have to use mine 5 out of 7 days of the week because every single night I am at a different location. I usually travel over 50 miles each way. When I first started the job (Cisco network field technician), I'd print out directions for both ways from Map Quest, but since the job is at night (9 PM - 12 AM) Trying to read directions on paper while driving in the dark got old VERY fast.

As a trucker I use mine every day all day long while working. I also use one for geocaching and have another on my bike, so I pretty much use one every single day.

Every day, with the traffic kit

I could almost sleep-drive to work, my 920T almost always picks the same route regardless of traffic conditions. ...but there are always those few times that it has really saved my you-know-what because of a big accident on a day when I really need to be in the office early.

...and for those of you who listen to KLIV in San Jose, I'm one of at least two Marcs who calls the traffic guy in the radio station to let them know about things that don't show up on the TomTom (because the radio station relies on the same data coming through traffic.com!).

my apology for floating the old thread..

My tomtom930 is back in the car. The kids gave the dad
a cell phone with blue tooth-thingy. Amazing. I can
now have my cell in my pocket and use the tomtom
to dial out and/or receive calls. An almost hands-free
communication. I still have to press buttons to make or
receive a call.

Now I found out why I opted to get the higher-end models.
It was the 'future-proof' feature of the gps.

Its always on my bike, but if the question was "how often do you need the GPS" I would have probably said next to never. Its kinda fun being "temporarily unsure of your location"....

Cheers

Ask a Question