How often do you update on TT HOME?

TomTom Model(s)
XL350TM
I'm doing it almost everyday and notice that there are daily updates for Map Share, which is fine, but my question is do I need to update everyday for the purpose of updating the 'Quick GPS Fix' prg (since it supposedly knows the satellites' location for the next 7 days)? Thx.

I'm doing it almost everyday and notice that there are daily updates for Map Share, which is fine, but my question is do I need to update everyday for the purpose of updating the 'Quick GPS Fix' prg (since it supposedly knows the satellites' location for the next 7 days)? Thx.
Weekly would seem to be frequently enough given the QuickGPSFix schedule. I run a long series of POIs once a week for my TomTom, and while plugged in, always grab the most recent Fix and MapShare info. Odds of anything local and useful showing up in MapShare in any given week (much less on any specific day) are pretty slim, but I grab it all the same.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but if you use your TT every day, I don't see the need to download the GPSQuickFix at all. :)

Once a week sounds good UNLESS you're flying somewhere or traveling a long distance with your Tomtom turned off. In that case, it could take 10-15 mins. to reset itself to a new location without the Quick GPS Fix update. Better to do it the same day or the night before.

I use mine in rental cars, so I don't have to pay extra for a navigation device. If you forget to update, be sure to turn it on (w/volume off) immediately upon disembarking the plane, or you'll have to wait a while.

Last edited:
I've updated the latest map for my XL350TM and now the GPS seems a bit sluggish and freezes sometimes and I have to turn off and restart the machine again. Also, on TT Home a message states "Your map has not been updated for more than 20 weeks Unfortunately Map Share map corrections are temporarily not available"

What gives?

Can't speak specifically to the "slugishness", but you can ignore the 20 week stuff. That's happening every time after a map update until new MapShare data comes across. Another quirk of Home. Ignore it.

Help us by defining "slugish". Under what conditions? Slow to respond to button presses? Slow to scroll the map as you move? What in particular?

Well, luckily it only happened 2 or 3 times but made me concerned that the update perhaps messed up my unit. When I first turn it on, then press 'Plan Route', it just froze and I had to restart. A similar thing happened when I pressed another button (unfortunately can't remember what button). Hasn't happened since but not sure what's going on.

^Besides above, but luckily no more freezes thus far, I've had it restart on me about 3 times now since the update.

Ask a Question