How often do you guys sync your TT

TomTom Model(s)
Just curious, I tend to sync it maybe once every 2 weeks. Is there a benefit to syncing it more than that or even less than that.

please let me know

thanks

rob

Just curious, I tend to sync it maybe once every 2 weeks. Is there a benefit to syncing it more than that or even less than that.

please let me know

thanks

rob

Probably no real benefit to doing it more frequently. The mapshare updates --IF they work -- will just download a larger amount if you update less frequently and the gpsquickfix always shows the locations for the next week. So, if you don't plan to use the unit on a daily basis, no need to update on a daily basis.

Sync Frequency

I sync once a week...usually when I've planned my weekend and want to add some favorites based around our planned destinations. I'll get their location using Google Maps, then transfer it over to my 720. I grab the map updates and latest sattelite position as well.

Jack Weintraub

Gosh, I don't think I've ever synced (sunk?) my TomTom :rolleyes:

It's been working just fine. Normally finds the satellites in less than 10 secs.

i have to start sinking :) my TT. i haven't done it for 6 weeks and now it says there is billion maps to upload and its taking so freaking long.

I thought I was bad...so sounds like no big reason to sync anymore than what I am doing

Nothing specific. Just whenever I have some corrections that i think need to be uploaded or whenever I just remember.

I sync once a week...usually when I've planned my weekend and want to add some favorites based around our planned destinations. I'll get their location using Google Maps, then transfer it over to my 720. I grab the map updates and latest sattelite position as well.

Jack Weintraub

How do you do that?

please let me know

thanks

rob
I doubt it, but I update mine before I go to work, because I use it at work. 2-3 times a week. I once had a TT support calltaker tell me that I didn't need the GPS fix unless I was driving in and out of tunnels, and around tall buildings!

Ask a Question