How long does RDS-TMC traffic subscription last?

TomTom Model(s)
930T
I recently bought a TomTom Go 930 T, which included the RDS-TMC cable in it, to receive traffic data from FM radio stations.

It seems to work great, as it detects traffic obstructions ahead and gives me estimated minutes of delay.

How long will this subscription last?

(To clarify, this is the RDS-TMC traffic receiver antenna cable that works with the broadcast data from FM radio stations, and NOT the cellphone-based "TomTom Traffic" data subscription service. It's confusing how there are two services, often used interchangeably in the documentation!)

TomTom offers a yearly renewal for $60, from the TomTom HOME application, but I don't want to buy this until my existing trial subscription is close to running out. Is there a way to tell how much time is remaining on the subscription?

Does the clock start when the unit is first registered with TomTom, by using the TomTom HOME application to get registered and get the one-time catch-up feature to the latest maps? BTW, I really like this catch-up feature, as it takes away the risk of buying a GPS that has been sitting in the box unsold for a while, thus getting out of date on its maps.

Thanks!

Josh

The rds antenna comes with a 1-year subscription. After that, renewal payment is required.

Thanks! Is there a way to know how many days I have remaining on the current subscription?

If you log inmto TomTom's site using your log in (email address) and go to Plus Services, it may show what you have and how long ....

Ask a Question