How long does it take to get new roads into TomTom

My son had a play date with a friend who was on road that Google maps displayed (but it didn't have a road name listed).

The "new" development of houses on this road has been in existence for over a year, and all of the roads have road names.

Not only did TomTom not have the road name, it didn't show a even road existing in the area that Google maps displayed.

So my question is: how long does it take for "new" roads to show up on TomTom maps?

I wish that there was an answer. I drive on roads that have been in existence for ten or more years and TT does not show them. Some time ago we actually would file a report with the map company. That did not accomplish anything that I dealt with driving. I hear the comment "the development cycle" but I never figured out exactly what that is. Maybe support has made a comment specifically about time to a member who will post some info for us.

A major road opened up to a new Ikea in surburban Boston in November 2005. By December 2006, the road showed on google maps (but I don't think it was teleatlas at the time).

My v710 map purchase in December 2007 had the road, but I don't know if prior releases had it. The 2 year delay is the quickest I saw teleatlas add a road so far.

Teleatlas announced that their 200902 map update (probably released to tomtoms in May 09) will be the first to use statistical modeling from the "Share anonymous data" to create new roads in their map. So there may be huge improvements in turnaround time in that release, especially in densely populated areas.
http://www.teleatlas.com/WhyTeleAtlas/Pressroom/PressReleases/TA_CT023824

the street where I live turns into a footpath 1/2 a mile up the lane. It was used by offroad bikes so it was blocked off. TT still tells me each morn and eve to go down it. I have given up on mapshare.
Other side of town a new development has only roads put in so far - no buildings but tt navigates all the way through without faults!
Hayden

If the road in in the current Google map, it should be in the April map release. If it's not on Google now, it won't be in the next update. . . afaik.

the street where I live turns into a footpath 1/2 a mile up the lane. It was used by offroad bikes so it was blocked off. TT still tells me each morn and eve to go down it. I have given up on mapshare.

What isn't working with mapshare? You should be able to block off roads immediately in your device. Go to map corrections, block/unblock road, and just block it in both directions. Then tomtom will never tell you to take it.

Ask a Question