How hot is too hot?

I know that people enjoy putting their GPS' inside of their car, what if the weather is sunny, and it's summer, wouldn't the heat make the GPS not work? How does it work? I am always afraid of this, so I leave my GPS indoors whenever not using it.

Any electronic device is rated to operate at certain conditions...I dont know off had what it is but if you look at the specs on the TT, it should tell you the operating temps. If your car gets beyond the temp range, let the car cool down before turning the tt on

Ah, so let's say that the car gets very hot, and I'm not turning on the TT, is this okay to leave it in? And then let the car cool down, then turn on the TT and it will be okay? Thank you.

The most concern with the heat and cold is the lithium-ion battery in the TT. Extreme heat or cold will kill it!!

I agree, cycling the unit between extremes will kill the battery...but just check the operating temp zones...

I'm more concerned about driving on the highway. You tend to forget that your TT is roasting in the sun on the window while you're chilling with the A/C. It can get quite hot! (esp. since, at least with the ONE, the GPS antenna/chip is right at the top below the double hands)

Ask a Question