How do you tell what version One ?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720, One LE
When I purchased my One, it was done without any research. I purchased it in 09/2007 from Best Buy. It has bluetooth and a SD card slot. It is not a widescreen version. Is this the New Edition, sometimes referred to as a v4?

I have clicked around in the GUI but find nothing related to the version of the One itself.

When I purchased my One, it was done without any research. I purchased it in 09/2007 from Best Buy. It has bluetooth and a SD card slot. It is not a widescreen version. Is this the New Edition, sometimes referred to as a v4?

I have clicked around in the GUI but find nothing related to the version of the One itself.

If the numbers on the bottom of the unit are 4N00.005, then you have the TomTom ONE LE (also referred to as the TomTom New Edition or TomTom V4).

What does TomTom HOME recognize it as? My LE is recognized as a TomTom New Edition.

If the numbers on the bottom of the unit are 4N00.005, then you have the TomTom ONE LE (also referred to as the TomTom New Edition or TomTom V4).

What does TomTom HOME recognize it as? My LE is recognized as a TomTom New Edition.

That is the exact version. Thank You!

There are (at least):
1. TT1 classic: very bulky 32MB internal memory and SD-slot, SIRF II?-chip, CPU 400MHZ, no TMC antenna in, external charger.
2.TT1 New edition v2: slimmer, 32MB internal memory and SD-slot, charging thru USB-cable, SIRF III-chip, CPU 266MHz, no TMC antenna in.
3. TT1 New edition v3: slimmer, 1GB internal memory and SD-slot, charging thru USB-cable, Hammarhead-chip, CPU 266MHz, no-TMC antenna in.
4. TT1 edition3: slimmer, 512MB/1GB internal memory, NO SD-slot, charging thru USB-cable, SIRFIII-chip, CPU 266? , TMC antenna in?
5. TT1 LE v4: slimmer, 1GB? internal memory and SD-slot, charging thru USB-cable, SIRF III-chip, CPU 266?, TMC antenna in?

Last edited:
4. TT1 edition3 has 512MB internal memory if sold as regional GPS with one regional map (i.e Scandinavia in Europe), and 1GB internal memory if sold as "standard" GPS with some european maps + Australia.

All these five versions of TT1 have 3.5'' touchscreen.

Last edited:

Ask a Question