How do you launch applications?

I installed things like the tomtom media center demo, and it only launches when I first turn it on. After I exit and enter the normal GPS mode I can't figure out how to launch it again. Same goes for the tomplayer and every program I have tried.

EDIT:
No replies?
Really guys?

Last edited:
I do not have either of the apps you speak of, but have Tripmaster and Statnav...they are found on the 4th screen. My guess is that is where your apps reside. ;)

Do you have the latest and "greatest" navcore upgrade 8.010? If you do, you may have to create a custom menu. Otherwise they should show up on the 4th screen like Statman mentioned.

I installed things like the tomtom media center demo, and it only launches when I first turn it on. After I exit and enter the normal GPS mode I can't figure out how to launch it again. Same goes for the tomplayer and every program I have tried.

EDIT:
No replies?
Really guys?

hmm, what is this 4th screen you speak of?

I have the TomTom One XLS and my main menu only has 3 screens.

Hi
I am very new for this forum but made already some search and didn't find answer for the same question that napalm asked.
hmm, what is this 4th screen you speak of?

I have the TomTom One XLS and my main menu only has 3 screens.

As far as I understand, some kind of "extra menu" has to be created to make a room for new icons. How to do this?

I'm trying to install Tripmaster 1.8a on my One XLS with App version 8.010 and although done everything according to manual published on website, so far no success. I can not start Tripmaster on TomTom (after it was copied / installed by HOME v2.3) because there is no Tripmaster icon.

Any idea will be appreciated

Best regards
brokenspeaker

Before a week with the same problem, and searchin in many foruns;

1 - V 8.010 do no search and install applications any more from de sdkregistry folder, or it's necessary some trick to do this.

2 - V 7.163, the older one, does it ok.

3 - The solution I found for this problem was to use the tomtom.mnu at sdkregistry folder. BUT it have one problem, some icons can't be used on menu, the 'task_xxx' is not available, ex: correct map, security, and some other. The most important (for me), the correct map, can be acessed via 'map navigate'. Lucky.

4 - The worst was the response from TomTom support:
---
Based on the information provided by you we assume you have a TomTom ONE device and you would like to install some third party applications on it.

We regret to inform you that as of version 7.x third party application are not supported on the TomTom GO, ONE, XL and RIDER products. Furthermore the developer of the third party applications should provide support on installing the application, because the applications are not developed by TomTom will we not be able to help you with that.
---

The stupid, wants support from the developer, in a magic fashion... How can he solve the problem that is INSIDE de SDK support of this new version?
He answer thinking we are all idiots!

So, TomTom... ThinkThink... Twice before buy....:mad:

Web site

I do not have either of the apps you speak of, but have Tripmaster and Statnav...they are found on the 4th screen. My guess is that is where your apps reside. ;)

Hello, we just got our Rider 2 (TT) took a trip to Calilf.
I did not know I need to put on new software.
what web page do I need to goto to get this software?
Oh our book was in the trunk of the HarleyDavidson and someone needed it
more that we did, anyway it is missing now.

If you could send me a message on this info I am looking for.

Here is a screen shot on my GO730
dump300276271.jpg

Not sure what you are asking. Both of the programs I have installed are available....just search.:D

Ask a Question