How do you clear "Home" location

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL-S
I loaned my TT XL-S to a friend for her road trip to Phoenix. When she returned it, I noticed she had set the XL-S "Home" location to her house. :mad: How do I clear the Home location? Our place isn't on the map because the streets are too new so when I set the Home location to the house, the XL-S shows that location as a "?". I'd just rather clear the Home location but can't figure out how to do it.

Any ideas?

I can think of two things to try:

1. Use Explorer to remove the file 'MapSettings.cfg' from the map folder. This file holds your favourites, specific settings (including Home location, I presume) and other stuff. When you boot up the unit, Tomtom will recreate the file. As always, do an Explorer backup of your unit first.

2. Use 'Restore to Factory Settings'. That wipes out many settings you've made, including Home, I think.

3. The third of the two suggestions :)p ) is just make some other location [perhaps on a known road closest to your Home] as 'Home'. Since you obviously don't use the TRUE Home location since you can't, the new Home location you set shouldn't be an issue if all you want to do is wipe out the one that was set.

Ask a Question