How do two TomTom's in one house work?

TomTom Model(s)
One 2nd edition
I have a TomTom one 2nd edition and am thinking about buying a similar TomTom unit for my wife. Question - how does that work when connecting to my computer for updates? Do I need two log-in's with Home, or does it check based on what TomTom is plugged in? I assume that with the new unit, I may have a different map version. How does it keep that all straight?

Has anybody out there done this?

Thanks.

tomtom home should sort it out for you. surely there are others with more than one tomtom who are using tth for updates.

When I connected my new TT1 XL-S today (sweet deal at Future Shop and latest maps to boot) it asked me if I wanted to switch from the unit linked to this program to the one connected. I said "Yes" and then it connected and did it's thing for updates etc. I'm going to assume that when I connect my TT1 2nd Edition it will ask the same question again.

When I connected my new TT1 XL-S today (sweet deal at Future Shop and latest maps to boot) it asked me if I wanted to switch from the unit linked to this program to the one connected. I said "Yes" and then it connected and did it's thing for updates etc. I'm going to assume that when I connect my TT1 2nd Edition it will ask the same question again.

It won't. I have a ONE and a 920T (temporarily) and my email account was originally with my ONE but when I connected the 920T it asked me to link it which I did but it doesn't ask me to link again when I connect my ONE.

It wants me to create a new email address and connect my ONE with that. If you try to connect it, it will give you an error saying that you can't change it in less than six months and to contact technical support.

So if I register each with a different email account, then just log in to Home with the right one for each TT, then it should work ok? No temp files on the PC get messed up?

Ask a Question