How do i view the contents of my Start60?

TomTom Model(s)
Start 60
When I connect my start60 to my computer, the computer does not recognise my Tomtom. I've already tried adding a device and looking for it in device manager.

Start60 is a NAV3 device & it won't be recognized on your computer as a removable drive as the older TomToms were.

See SuperMod Andy's article HERE for more detailed information.

Thanks for that again alfie67! :thumb:

Tomtom don't make life easy for new users, do they? :sad:

You're welcome, puddox!

I believe that TomTom made the choice only because of a recent lawsuit brought against them by Microsoft, after which TomTom countersued. The claims made by Microsoft are related to the use of its File Allocation Table (FAT) file system and which Micsoft claimed was being illegally used by TomTom.

Bottom line, TomTom and Microsoft settled their lawsuit but I'm not sure who won; it seems clear that TomTom "new" lost big time.

It was not done entirely because of the lawsuit. The move to pure Linux with dongle encryption also effectively eliminates map hacking, It is an extremely non-user friendly interface. Since most new units come with lifetime maps, accidental deletion is becoming less of an issue.

Since most new units come with lifetime maps, accidental deletion is becoming less of an issue.

MOST? Try moving to Europe or the UK.

Up to now only some models sold in the US (and maybe Asia) have come with with free maps. Nothing in Europe.

That's why I said "up to now..." :D

Anyway...

Q. How do i view the contents of my Start60?

A. Take the back off..... :lol:

Ask a Question