How do I view ITN files on my Tom Tom XL 2??

I've got a Tom Tom XL 2 and need to upload an itn file that someone has sent me. I've dropped it into the directory on my PC and the Tom Tom Home software is showing that I have the route present.

However, I have no idea how to set my tom Tom to use that route?? I have looked all over the web and cant find anything so any advice before Sunday would be appreciated.

thanks,

J

It needs to be placed in the 'itn' folder on your TomTom. Hopefully it's in the right format for TomTom to recognize.

Sorry Rick you must have misunderstood me.

The ITN file is in the right place I just cant see anyway of calling up the route from my Tom Tom device.

That model comes with the 'EasyMenu' and doesn't include Itinerary Planning as an option.

But, read through this link:
GpsPasSion Forums - [TIP] Enabling POI Alerts on TomTom Start/Ease

to add a custom menu to that model which should allow such functionality.

Reviving an old thread I know :)

I followed the steps to add the advanced menu to my XL550 (version 9.465), and while I have a new menu system, including the itinerary option, the menus are screwed up. TT always starts in the preferences menu, and there are random (multiple) arrows on some pages. makes for confusing menu navigation.

Is there an updated menu file somewhere?

Thanks.

Ask a Question