How do I use the satellite signal screen?

When my ONE LE doesn't can't find a signal, I touch the button that takes me to the screen showing which satellites are or aren't connecting well. When the signal is poor, they're shaded gray; when signal is good, they're blue.

My question is, what do I do with this screen? If signal strength is poor, is there anything I can do? If not, what's the point of even allowing the user to access this? My LE was having problems connecting, but now it's back to 7 satellites after I removed the QuickFix update. I've left it out on the balcony for about 45 minutes now, and it's still at 7. When I look at the satellite screen, I see that most of the satellites that aren't locked on are to the west, which is odd considering that's the direction with the most space (ie, no buildings, trees, hills, etc.). Does this mean I should try facing the GPS toward the west to get a good signal?

When my ONE LE doesn't can't find a signal, I touch the button that takes me to the screen showing which satellites are or aren't connecting well. When the signal is poor, they're shaded gray; when signal is good, they're blue.

My question is, what do I do with this screen? If signal strength is poor, is there anything I can do? If not, what's the point of even allowing the user to access this? My LE was having problems connecting, but now it's back to 7 satellites after I removed the QuickFix update. I've left it out on the balcony for about 45 minutes now, and it's still at 7. When I look at the satellite screen, I see that most of the satellites that aren't locked on are to the west, which is odd considering that's the direction with the most space (ie, no buildings, trees, hills, etc.). Does this mean I should try facing the GPS toward the west to get a good signal?

Dave,
I have similar observations and questions.
I left my LE on overnight to charge it but also because I read it could help with satellite locking later (something to do with some table it creates).

Today though it had trouble locking.

I saw as you did, strength bars but they weren't in blue. When they were in blue they didn't change in height or value appreciably. It's like the LE is picking up satellites just fine but it takes a while to figure out their identity.

I'm glad it has this screen. Hopefully TT doesn't do away with it since they are probably getting a LOT of phone calls regarding how to read that screen.

(Ford made their oil pressure gauge an 'idiot' gauge on their trucks and some cars. As along as there is 3psi, it will read mid-scale. They found by doing so they cut down the number of nuisance dealer visits by customers that didn't know how to read an oil pressure gauge).

Ask a Question