how do I turn off radar warning?

TomTom Model(s)
one
I have a TomTom one, three years old, functioning very well.
It warns whenever there's a speed - limit radar or other types of speed cameras.
We're planning to go on a holiday to France. In France it is forbidden to have a TomTom with that function, or you may be fined up to 1500 euros

so, how do I turn this "off"?

There's no way to 'turn it off', but you could go into your map folder and remove (just while you're away) the "safety_cam_..." files from the map folder. Copy them to your PC, and copy them back when you get home.

Hold on a min....

Do you have an ongoing subscription for the speed cameras for your map?
(if not your data will be WAY out of date by now anyway).

If you do, then TomTom have implemented a completely different system for France, where "Danger zones" are reported instead of specific camera locations. This is apparently legal.

There is a write up about it on the TomTom website here:
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5560/?locale=en_GB

Also, as far as I know, even if you DON'T have a current subscription, then if you connect to TomTom Home, you will get a speed camera update that either deletes the French camera data, or actually gives you a one-time update to the new danger zones (I'm not 100% sure which, but I think you get the danger zones update).

@Andy
I do not believe that models as old as the "ONE" got the new firmware that deals in 'danger zones', did it?

Ah... true... You're possibly right. Only the CNE IQ Routes Edition is on the list of compatible models for the Danger zones update.

But I thought TomTom were honour-bound to produce a solution to make all users legal? That's why I thought that even if it couldn't add the danger zones..Home might "update" the French cameras by removing them.

Evidently they are playing some sort of 'grandfathered' game with the much older units. During Rennes, I noticed that a number of the oldest Nav2 units were not being updated with any new code to manage the France/camera issue. That's why I suggested to the OP that if still concerned, he just copy off all of the safety_cam*.* files from his ONE to his PC while he's in France.

There wouldn't be any need for new code if all they were to do was push an empty French "radars" file to those older machines.

Got a ONE? You'll have to test for us, Andy, because I don't have any hardware that old -- well, except maybe ALMOST that old if you count my 720. If it doesn't work out that way, then .... {coda}

I'm not saying they ARE doing that, just saying I thought I'd read that they WOULD.

I don't have a ONE, my GO720 sits on my bedside table running v7 software just so I can play a game on it that I like when I can't sleep.
And I can't afford to buy a camera subscription for my son's Go520 just to test the theory!

I gotta know ... which game?

HappyLines by Herocraft :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjC5zD4ULyE[/ame]

Also got Robo - [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ1ngBYqtvw[/ame]

Ah, the good old days of an API and Nav2. Sigh...

Ask a Question