how do I stop TomTom from randomly playing audio book excerpts?

For the past few months, my TomTom 920 has randomly started playing audio book excerpts when I power it on. I never use the audio book function. It is simply playing the excerpts that came with the device. It doesn't happen every time, just enough to annoy me.

Anyway, I haven't been able to figure out how to make is stop doing this. Of course, it usually happens when I'm in a hurry to get somewhere and I have to take time to navigate to the player and push the stop button.

I figure this is either a malfunction/bug or the demented vision of some marketing "genius" who somehow thinks that this "feature" will encourage people to buy audio books. Frankly, it has exactly the opposite effect on me. It just pisses me off.:mad:

If anyone knows how to stop this behavior, I'd appreciate your input. Thanks, in advance.

Using your computer

Use explorer and look into your TomTom's drive for the folder " audiobooks " just delete the unwanted files.

Before you delete them....you may want to copy the files to your computer in case you deceide you want them back.

To follow up on PSJ's suggestion.....

Ensure hidden files/folders are showing when you go about seeking the sample files. Some report the sample audiobook files and sample mp3 files were hidden on their units.

Ok - thanks for the info.

So, from the responses, I take it that others have had this problem?

Does anyone know whether this problem is just a simple malfunction or if it's some ill-considered, cynical marketing ploy?

I am facing the same problem, but these posts don't help. I am not aware of any file folders or how to access them.
Please help!

What model do you have?

Use Explorer (or Finder, if a Mac) to look at the contents of your device.

Ask a Question