How do I restore Speed CameraThumbnail / Icon ? . . Go 530

Hi,

I have a TomTom Go 530 which I find frustratingly difficult to understand and programme !

Ive lost the little gatso camera speed camera thumbnail/icon which used to sit on the upper left side of my screen. It has for some unknown reason been replaced with a yellow circular Arrow thumbnail of similar size ? . . . .

My speed camera alerts still seem to be working ? . . but I liked the little speed camera icon, so, I've gone through the menu's for hours trying to work out how to get the speed camera thumbnail back but just cant work out how to do it ?

Can anyone offer some "step by step" advice through the menu's from the very start on how to recover/reset the little camera picture ?

Any advice very very much appreciated !

Also does anyone know what the yellow circular arrow picture is supposed to be for - and why it has appeared on my tom tom screen ?

:(:)

Please look for supermod Mikealder to respond to your query within the next 24 hours. He is fully conversant (being UK based) with the gatso camera warnings, etc.

Are you using the TomTom supplied safety cameras, if so I am not too surprised at the confusion caused by the icons I think some of them would look far more at home on a Chinese Take Away menu! That said I don't ever recall a yellow arrow but I seldom use their database unless testing something.

Start by resetting the device, the reset switch is on the base of the x30 units so give it a prod with a pin/ stylus etc - Mike

You're probably referring to the quickmenu. You can change the settings in quickmenu preferences.

When one option is selected in the quickmenu, it shows the icon of the choice (like speed cameras). If multiple options are chosen, it shows the circular arrow and opens a second submenu screen where you can choose one of many options.

If you want just speed cameras, go to quickmenu preferences and uncheck the other choices.

Thanks Guys,

Well I've hit the reset button. That on its own didn't get rid of the weird circular arrow sign ?

Then, after randomly clicking away for 20mins or so, II eventually stumbled upon the quick menu sub-menu . . . but I doubt if I would ever be able to find it again ! ! . . and I un-clicked all the options within that menu . . as I didn't have a clue what they were supposed to be for anyway ?

The circular arrow sign has now disappeared. But until I go out and use the 530 on the move, I wont know whether my speed camera settings are still there and working (or whether I may have cancelled them when I hit the reset ?)

I will let you know how I got on when I use the TomTom later today.

Many thanks,

Ask a Question