How do i completely reinstall my 930 from scratch?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 930 T
I have fiddled around with my 930T adding some 3rd party software and custom voices.
I have tried to remove all of it, but somehow i seem to have stuff left over.
I tried to reset it to factory but somehow i cant get both US and Europe maps back on to it.
I suddenly have too little space left on device !!??
I came preinstalled with bot sets of maps, and i removed the US maps as i didnt plan to go to US anytime soon.

To make matters worse, today i updated to latest map via TomTom Home, and it barfs on me with "No Maps Found"
I reinstalled US, and removed Europe, THAT worked... Bu i cant seem to get Europe back on.

So my question is; How do i completely clean the unit?
I want to have a "pristine" system to update to current maps.

Yes, i've read that .
I got a map back on by reinstalling US, restarting, and then reinstalling the EU and emoving the US (for space) at the same time.
That gave me a EU map back, but it still doesnt solve the problem of lost space, and a cleared unit.
Also, i have found that some apps still "linger" with menu items but no software...

I want to completely wipe the unit.

/Rikard

Have you got a folder called sdkregistry on the device, if so look at what's in it as most third party stuff gets added to that, what apps did you add to the device that you want rid of as I should be able to tell you where the files are and what to delete once I know what was added in the first place - Mike

Yes, i've read that .
I got a map back on by reinstalling US, restarting, and then reinstalling the EU and emoving the US (for space) at the same time.
4GB SDHC cards are not expensive right now.
Why don't you put one in the slot and keep one map on the device and the other on the SD card.
That should leave you with plenty of space on either.

To do a full clear out:

1) backup the Tomtom per this link
2) format the Tomtom drive as fat32
3) unplug the Tomtom and turn it off/on to initialize the drive with files
4) plug back into HOME and it will reinstall everything except the maps

You can purchase new maps if that is your plan, or just copy the map folders back from step 1

Don't put too many computer voices on it as they take up lots of space each.

Ask a Question