How do I add SD card and maps to TT one New Edition

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One, new edition
I have a TomTom One New Edition (US and Canada maps preloaded in memory) and i want to add UK maps on a SD card. I've formatted the SD card and copied the maps folder to the SD card but every time I plug the SD card into the unit I get the screen showing the SD card coming out of the unit with a RED X on the card. What do I need to do to get this working?

You need to have the application software on the card too. You need to just add the entire contents of the internal memory MINUS the map folder. This can be done with Windows Explorer or via the Home program.

Ok, I used the Home program to do a restore to the SD card and then copied the new map folder to the card (deleted the US Can map folder first). Used the Home program to activate the map and operate the unit all working fine at this point. After I disconnected the unit from the computer and let it reboot I get the same screen showing me the SD card coming out the bottom of the unit with a red x again. It does show a line across the bottom of the screen like its booting up until the line is just short of all the way to the right of the screen before the red x show up on the SD card. So close but not there yet. Anything else I should be doing. Thanks

After you did a restore, you should disconnect your unit and let it run through the system, then do the activation etc.
Do not do the restore and use Virtual tomtom aftewards.

Ok, finally got it working. Formatted the card with the Panasonic format program, put the card into the TTone and used the Home program to do a Restore. Then made sure it worked off the card, remove the US Can maps with the Home program and then copy/pasted the new map folder onto the card through windows explorer. Thanks for all the input.

I recently bought a TomTom GO710 and much to my surprise have discovered (from TomTom support) that it has no internal memory. Considering the size of the 710 what on earth does it have inside it that it can't fit on-board memory?

Considering the size of the 710 what on earth does it have inside it that it can't fit on-board memory?

The extra bulk is for the speaker, which is much more substantial than in the 'slim' models.

Ask a Question