How do I add an .itn file to a GO 1005?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 1005
I've successfully created an .itn file, but I've had no luck adding it to my GO 1005.

I've seen references to "navigate" to the TomTom on a PC, however I'm using a Mac and the device doesn't appear on the desktop. Not do I see a way to add the file via the MyTomTom menu.

Thanks in advance.

That model does not have true itinerary planning. You have no way to create or add such a file for that device.

All of that *.itn business was supported only by the older models. We wish they would return that function to the current ones, but it looks like it isn't going to happen.

In the interim, there's a work-around of sorts using a POI file instead of an itinerary file.

Create your set of waypoints as a custom POI, providing them with names that will sort in sequence. For example...

01_My First Stop
02_My Second Stop
03_Yet Another Stop

etc etc

The POI will correctly load using MyTomTom and you can pull up your waypoints one at a time that way.

One of the PC utility programs (IIRC,I think it was "Tyre") launched a new version by fan-faring that they had enabled a way of doing itineraries on the newer models.

In fact, all they were doing was converting a route to a whole bunch of POI entries, so it looked like a bread-crumb trail on the navigation screen.
It meant you had to just keep glancing at the screen to know where to go next, as you were not following "a route" as such, so would get no voice navigation.

A pretty poor workround, but it's the best we have.

That explains why I couldn't load the .itn

I've looked at Tyre, but I'm on a Mac so that's not an option for me. I may try the POI workaround from canderson, or even save a few favourites.

Thx.

That explains why I couldn't load the .itn

I've looked at Tyre, but I'm on a Mac so that's not an option for me. I may try the POI workaround from canderson, or even save a few favourites.

Thx.
I am using a Mac but run Paralles to use Tyre. Then save itinerary as a POI. Why we have to pay more for less functionality is beyond me even my old PDA with Tom Tom had the itinerary function.

Ask a Question