How could I add altitude display to my TT1 v3?

TomTom Model(s)
TT1, 3rd Edition, v7.161
Just got my Tomtom One Third edition days ago and played it for a while. Everything seems fine except two concerns that I may need to address here for possible solutions.
1. There is NO altitude display
2. I could not find the itinerary function that I can use to plan my trip, reverse trip, add waypoints, etc...
Does anyone have some ideas?

1. Altitude Display is not on there that I know of.

There was a program made by a good guy who would post here (the website was something like l'bazaar) who wrote a program called Tripmaster that would display the altitude when using his program. Tomtom yanked the SDKs for navcore 7, so he has not been able to develop for the new navcore.

The tomtom knows the altitude, it's just that you can't see it.

If it is in nav7, I haven't found it yet or seen anyone post how to show it.

2. The itinerary function is available, but you need to use a menu building hack to get it to return.

See this thread: https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4044&highlight=itinerary for more info on how to recover the hidden itinerary function. Go to page 2 of the thread to see the discussion on itinerary task addition.

1. Altitude Display is not on there that I know of.

There was a program made by a good guy who would post here (the website was something like l'bazaar) who wrote a program called Tripmaster that would display the altitude when using his program. Tomtom yanked the SDKs for navcore 7, so he has not been able to develop for the new navcore.

The tomtom knows the altitude, it's just that you can't see it.

If it is in nav7, I haven't found it yet or seen anyone post how to show it.

Yikes!! I was really counting on being able to use Tripmaster for altitude indication. Definately want to know what we can do to regain this feature.

Polkamatic,
From what I'm reading, V1.8a of tripmaster works with Navcore 7. Am I wrong here???

Stevensung,
The search feature on this forum is pretty darned good so there's lots of good info here. As a newbie, I'm learning lots!

I know that program tripmaster. However I only need a lite version of it which can display altitude on the TT1 screen. I don't need all the other fancy features of tripmaster. Thank you for your suggestions though.

Polkamatic,
From what I'm reading, V1.8a of tripmaster works with Navcore 7. Am I wrong here???

Stevensung,
The search feature on this forum is pretty darned good so there's lots of good info here. As a newbie, I'm learning lots!

I don't know -- here I thought I had 1.8 installed until I just checked a little while earlier today.

Ouy.

I'm still trying to figure out this stuff about Navcore 7 "lite". Not sure yet what features are missing and on what models. Actually, I don't know a darned thing about it so still trying to find info that will sink into my barnacle brain.
Info on tripmaster seems to be conflicting but some are saying it won't work since TT won't release the SDK for V7. Would really love to have the altitude reporting feature, even if it's only GPS and not barometric corrected.

Polkamatic,

Yes... you are not wrong. It's working.

Tripmaster 1.8a is running fine on my TT One 3rd ED with Nav 7.161.

Search for my Day/Night colors thread where Suntime is discussed. My latest post is about how I got Tripmaster installed.

Tripmaster displays and runs fine but you'll have to edit the prefs file in a text editor since the on-screen keyboard jumbles the screen.

Ask a Question