How can you Know if Map works?

I purchased the Western Europe map and downloaded it onto a 2Gb SD. It appears I can't tell if the thing works. Do I have to wait till I am in Europe to tell if it works?:eek:

I think you can just zoom WAY out, scroll to Europe and zoom in using Browse Map, can't you? I pulled all the Europe maps off my 920T so I can't check, but I think that worked for me before.

I purchased the Western Europe map and downloaded it onto a 2Gb SD. It appears I can't tell if the thing works. Do I have to wait till I am in Europe to tell if it works?:eek:

I think you should be able to go into Preferences and find the Map page (Manage?) and switch to Europe and then use Browse Map to see if you can locate or zoom into a specific town or country.

There may be a better way to check, but first go to preferences and switch the map to your new Europe map. Then go to "Prepare Route A to B" (on page two of menu) and plan a route between two city centers, say Rome to Paris. The TT should then calculate a route, and it should be available for you to browse. If there is, then the map is working. You can also begin to plan your European trip, placing favorites and a new "home" if there is one, and map from there. I hope this makes sense.

If you go to your preference menu and select manage maps.
Select switch map.
If you see the western map there then your unit recognizes it.
You can select it and do what JerseyTom said.

Ask a Question