How can I tell if my USA maps are working?

How can I tell if my USA/Canada maps are working?
I live in the UK and purchased them some time ago.

There is no Icon to choose the option to see my American maps??

When I connected my device (GO 910) to my pc and try to select purchase/update it tells me "this item is on your navigation device and is stored under X:\North_America"

I can open explorer and there is a folder with that name and lots of files in it.
But how do I know how to envoke them when I go to Florida in two months time to be able to use them??

Can anyone help please?:confused:

Welcome to TTF.

There should be an icon on your unit to Manage Maps. Use that to switch maps and select North America.

Once that is done, you can't use the Navigate function because the gps signal still places you in the UK but you can do A-->B Advance Planning, Add a Favourite, stuff like that.

Thanks dhn

But there is no icon on my device thats "Manage Maps"

So I renamed x:\North_America to see if the update/installation
button on my TomTom desktop would re-install or ask me something but it just said It was installed under the renamed folder.

I have cut and pasted it to my pc and will try again..:(

I cut and pasted it to my pc and tried update again and this time it found a version on my pc under "My Documents/folder/xxx". I selected it and it installed it again. Then I powered it off and on and the "Manage Maps" was there. I selected North America and Canada and it then asked me for activation code. Now I have had his on my device for some time and for the life of me where do I find the activation code.
Anyway after removing from docking station and power off and on again "Manage Maps" has dissapeared???

:mad:

Send a pm to supermod Mikealder. Being UK based and a former owner of a 910, I figure he knows the ins and outs of your situation.

There should ALWAYS be an icon for "Manage maps" in the Change Preferences menu!

You may need a re-boot (tiny hole on the bottom of the 910) or a re-install of software (using Home)

But before you do any of that, I would put all the file names and folder locations back as they should be.

Then try visiting TT Code - TomTom Product Activation.

For info, this is the method for activating OLD maps, it isn't used any more for current maps and devices.

Ask a Question