How can I make Tom Tom not route me on a specfic road?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL-S
My vehicle cannot drive on a local "parkway" and no matter how I try to plan a route the Tom Tom will take me onto that parkway to the ridiculous point that it will put me on the parkway for one exit to get back on the road that I started on that just goes straight as I need to travel. There are other highways on these routes that I can drive on and that are necessary for me to travel on so I cannot turn on "Avoid highways". There has got to be away to do this. I have tried picking that parkway and telling to find an alternate route and it just goes back to that parkway a few miles down the road. There are a lot of things I like about the Tom Tom but there are things that it does that are dangerous and a pain.

My Tom Tom is an in-dash Eclipse II.

@1776
If you will use the feature for "Map corrections" / "Correct a map error", you can 'Block' sections of road. Your unit will never route you down a road you have blocked with this method.

THAT SAID, PLEASE DO NOT OPT TO 'SHARE' THIS INFORMATION WITH THE COMMUNITY when the device asks if you wish to do so. If you were to do so, there is some chance your change would appear in the Mapshare data shared with other users.

Ask a Question