How can I have new map show building footprints?

Hello,
I have an old trusty TomTom Go 510 that I finally purchased new maps for. I was hoping that after spending $79 dollars for the new map (upgraded from 2006 approx) that it would show the building footprints like my wifes TomTom 920T. Is there a way to activate it? I understand from reading some of the other posts that the footprints dont always work.

Also the TomTom 920T shows the different lanes when on a freeway, I dont think mine does that. I would like to get the most out of this 510 before making the big upgrade in the next year or two.
Thanks

The map for the 510 device is quite a bit dumbed down so it won't contain building footprint data and certainly won't include the Advanced Lane Guidance (the arrows for which lane to be in).

The building footprint on screen isn't very good and doesn't really mean much on any device that displays it, some of the newer Navcore releases/ map releases for the devices that do support this feature hardly display any building data at all - Mike

Ask a Question