how can i export a small part of map to my tomtom

TomTom Model(s)
carminat tomtom
Hi,

i would like to export a small part of map of tunisia to my tomtom
in tomtomhome i can not found map of tunisia
but i can found biggest (main) road of tunisia and biggest cities
so i just want to export these main roat and biggest cities from the site of tomtom using tomtomHome.
the question is, if i make export, this will work in my car or no, althoug i dont have map of tunisia in my carminat tomtom?

Thank you

What is strange is that I cannot find an African map to select from the TomTom map store that shows that it includes Tunisia at all, but I see in their master map at http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/ that they do have all of the major roads in Tunisia mapped. What we need to figure out is which African map actually includes Tunisia! If you had that map, it would fit on your Carminat unit's card.

What we need to figure out is which African map actually includes Tunisia!

I don't think you're going to find it... the green area on the "overall" compilation map for Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Europe_Middle_East_Africa_tcm131-11813.gif

(under the section heading) seems to agree with the green areas on the individual maps listed::

"Africa" map:
Africa.gif

East Africa map

Eastern_Africa.gif

Middle Africa:
Middle_Africa.gif

Middle East:
Middle_East.gif

Morocco:
Morocco.gif

South Africa, Swaziland and Lesotho:
South_Africa_Swaziland_and_Lesotho.gif

Southern Africa:
Southern_Africa.gif

West Africa:
Western_Africa.gif

--- TomTom DID used to allow you to add your own map OVERLAYS on the old NAV2 models, but I think that's another feature that has been left off the new models.

But even saying that I think they were only for adding more detail on top of EXISTING mapped areas (the example I saw was of an overlay of the layout for one of the big electronics trade shows) so I don't think it would be of any use for an area you didn't already have available on a map.

If I try to scroll my Southern Africa map up past a certain point, it just jumps back down to a mapped area

Just seems odd that they are mapping that area and even allowing corrections, but we can't find the map set that includes it!

guys, go to tomtomhome
and click on "use planification of tomtom" and then a window will open on navigator

http://routes.tomtom.com/
then i can find the main roads of tunisia, and i can make export
but the question is, is that small part of map will work on my carminat tomtom in my car?
thanks

As we said.... no, you cannot.

The only maps you can use on your TomTom are the maps they sell for it. If there is not one for the area you want, there is nothing you can do.

Ask a Question