How can I export a map from TomTom to PC

TomTom Model(s)
START 25 model 4EN52 Z1230
Hello,
I purchased 3 weeks ago a TomTom Start25 in Europe.
Please let me know how to move the Europe map from the Tomtom device to a PC, because I need memory in order to later load another map.
By teh way another question. Is my Start25 device, a VIA device?
Thanks
Saverio

Hi. The only way to move maps off these new devices is by using the "MyTomTom" utility program.
BUT... I don't think that function has been enabled on the released software yet (I think TT were having some problems with it).

Even when it is working, you will not be able to copy the maps to your PC, they are stored on the TT servers for you to re-download at any time (that's the theory anyway)

It's possible that the functionality already exists for the old map to be removed to make room for the new map when you have bought the new one, but I can only suggest you check first by ringing TomTom customer services and asking if they have got it working yet.

Finally, no the START 25 is a Start model, and the VIAs are a different range, as are the GO models.

There was meant to be a clear distinction between the abilities of the different ranges, but the boundaries have got rather blurred now, so there is very little difference between the START 25 and some of the VIAs.

Ask a Question