How can I choose which ferry crossing ?

TomTom Model(s)
XL IQ V3
Hi All

Have just bought a TomTom XL IQ V3 with European mapping in advance of driving to France later this month.

As there are quite a few routes across the Channel (Eurotunnel, ferry etc etc) I couldn't find any way of telling the TomTom which crossing I have booked. I guess I could set up two routes, one from home to the ferry terminal, then when I drive off the ferry just calculate a route to my destination.

Is there a better way to do this ?

So far it seems very easy to use despite only having used one once before - first impressions good but even on my normal route to work a junction that was remodelled some years ago is still shown as a roundabout rather than a junction.

I seem to remember some posts in a UK forum where users were having a similar issue, the unit insisted on going by chunnel rather than ferry.

solution was the same as you describe, set an itinerary with an end point being the ferry dock (is that the right term?) of choice and then another with the start point being the dock on the French side.

Have just bought a TomTom XL IQ V3 with European mapping in advance of driving to France later this month.

As there are quite a few routes across the Channel (Eurotunnel, ferry etc etc) I couldn't find any way of telling the TomTom which crossing I have booked. I guess I could set up two routes, one from home to the ferry terminal, then when I drive off the ferry just calculate a route to my destination.
I do not know if the XL IQ V3 has the ability to make custom POI categories. If yes, make one for this trip and make a POI for every conceivable destination. Use Tyre to give the destinations memorable names in the line of the street address as it keeps the coordinates separate from the written address.

I find it so much easier to just enter the next "Navigate to .." than playing around with itineraries. This even more so as I will deviate from a planned route if scenery looks better and do not have to meet a schedule.

Ask a Question