How big are TomTom's Balls???

I have two cars, (with three mounts :) ), one for each car, and one for when I use rentals....

I have noticed that having TomTom in my window, can make my car stand out in the rearview of others....I would like to elimate this....

For this reason, I would like to modify my TomTom mounts in my two cars with the "Car" portion of the "Pro-Clip" mounts.... I see that somebody here made a custom one where the device is modified for use with the "ram-mount 910 cradle"....

I would like to do it slightly different, I would like to utilize TomToms OEM balls into a Ram-Mount Universial double ball-joint....This all leads me to one question, and I can not find the answer. Can someone please let me know or measure their balls with a Micrometer so that I will know what size of universial Ram-Mount to order?

Please let me know how big are TomTom's balls?

The one in my new style car mount for the TT510 is a tad over 19mm, that is presumably 3/4 inch, as its made by RAM.
Do RAM do 3/4" balls? can only seem to get 1" ones this side of the pond.

According to Ram's site, the following are the ball sizes they use:
RAM A XXX - 1.75" or 9/16" Diameter
RAM B XXX - 2" Diameter
RAM XXX - 1.5" Diameter
RAM D XXX - 2.25" Diameter
RAM E XXX - 3.37" Diameter

The X represents the part(s) accociated to the ball size.

You're right. I read the wrong information. The information I gave was the ball size reference, letter preceding number.
Here is the correct Ball sizes:
  • A Size Ball: 0.56" Diameter
  • B Size Ball: 1" Diameter
  • C Size Ball: 1.5" Diameter
  • D Size Ball: 2.25" Diameter
  • E Size Ball: 3.37" Diameter

You're right. I read the wrong information. The information I gave was the ball size reference, letter preceding number.
Here is the correct Ball sizes:
  • A Size Ball: 0.56" Diameter
  • B Size Ball: 1" Diameter
  • C Size Ball: 1.5" Diameter
  • D Size Ball: 2.25" Diameter
  • E Size Ball: 3.37" Diameter

I believe the 910 is made by RAM, at least mine was.... The ball appears to be removalble, and I think that I can replace it with bigger balls?

I will know soon.

Ask a Question