HOV Lane / Accuracy errors

Hi there.

I have my TT 510 for over a year now, and I had both v6.5 and V7 software with it. Currently I have the latest software with 665.xx maps installed.

Here is the annoying thing:

WHenever I drive on a highway, it automatically thinks that I'm driving in the HOV Lane (Carpool). And all the exits that I'm supposed to take it shows as a "LEFT" exit, and I get confused.

It doesn't matter if I'm on the left lane or the right lane of the highway. For example on I-5, where the highway has 8(!) lanes and when I'm on the right lane, it still shows me as travelling on the HOV lane.

I believe this is an error of accuracy of the GPS. And Yes I have full bar GPS reception.

Funny though, the accuracy of my position gets much much better when I do not set a route.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I can understand what he is talking about, except it works fine for me. In Northern Virginia, there is HOV in the middle of I-95 and my TT-1 gets it right.

When I am on the main-lanes, it doesn't tell me to take a HOV only exit, and when I am in HOV it doesn't tell me to take main-lane exits.

Don't know what to tell ya.

Everytime I start a route it asks me if I want to avoid the HOV lanes. I normally say no since I WANT to use them but if I say yes it will direct me to take the non-HOV connectors.

Note that the message asks to AVOID and not to use which is a bad way to ask the question. It should really ask it you WANT TO USE them. IMHO

Report to TomTom, hope they fix it.

If that sort of thing annoys you, stay away from the Long Island Expressway -- the bug is particularly annoying on that road.

Ask a Question