HomeRunner.exe failed with error 1058 ??

I just updated the tomtomt home 2 latest and am getting this error. I had no problems with the earlier version. I have windows vista any suggestions are welcome !

I'm getting the same error. Which service(s) does this executable rely on? Full error message below.

HOMERunner.exe failed with error 1058: The service cannot be started either because it was disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

I'm getting the same error. Which service(s) does this executable rely on? Full error message below.

HOMERunner.exe failed with error 1058: The service cannot be started either because it was disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

I cannot believe there isn't a solution for this on these forums (or on the home site). Gotta wonder why this service is tanking so horribly... get a Garmin! Localized support on this application in the US blows, as you can see.

Until then, if you want to solve this issue, browse your services to ensure that Secondary Logon is enabled. Set it to manual and start if it isn't already. Try to run the program again.

There's no good reason the application needs this service, but then, who needs a good reason for anything these days.

So sad.

- Some Guy Using an Alias Account to Solve a Problem Because Everyone Wants to Sell You Shit

(Thanks for forcing registration TomTomForums! I was worried it might be easy to help someone out with all the problems you're failing to address, but whew! Dodged that bullet!)

(Thanks for forcing registration TomTomForums! I was worried it might be easy to help someone out with all the problems you're failing to address, but whew! Dodged that bullet!)

If you are implying that this forum is owned, operated, managed or associated with TomTom the company, you are wrong. Posters here are just people trying to help people. If nobody replies to a specific issue, obviously means that they don't have a decent answer.

Your attempt at sarcasm is misplaced.

i found somewhere else that you just put it in compatability mode for XP SP2. i tried it and it works perfectly. hopefully works for you guys(/girls)

Worked -- Thanks!

i found somewhere else that you just put it in compatability mode for XP SP2. i tried it and it works perfectly. hopefully works for you guys(/girls)

This worked for me Running Vista Home Premium on my laptop... Thanks! :)
Hopefully the next update will fix this!?

Has anyone contacted Customer Service? :confused:

Until then, if you want to solve this issue, browse your services to ensure that Secondary Logon is enabled. Set it to manual and start if it isn't already. [/B].

Thank you as this worked for mehow to enable secondary logon:

START | type services.msc | scroll down to Secondary Logon, if DISABLED, right click properties and set to manual.

Not quite sure if I should later change to "Automatic"????

Details on

Just try the following , it might help. Go to your tom tom folder and right click on properties. Go to the tools tab. Then go to error corrections. Put checks in both boxes and see if this error correction tool helps you. Good Luck

Thank you!!!

I've been dealing with TOMTOM "techies" since late August trying to get the latest version of HOME2 installed on a VISTA machine, to no avail. As with most of the outsourced tech centers they're reading from a playbook that says: "Tell customer to do this and report back"; after that doesn't work, do step 2, etc.
The only item I hadn't tried in Services was to enable secondary login, since there are no other users on this machine. Lo and behold I now have Home2 working on a VISTA Ultimate machine and will soon try to do the same on the laptop.

Thanks a million; can't wait to see what the techies at TOMTOM tell me is the next step.

Ask a Question