Home trashed my files on backup

TomTom Model(s)
One XL
Hi all,

Long story short; I have loaded the navcore files to a formatted TT One XL (straight copy as helpdesk advised) and reloaded the map that luckily I had made a manual copy of before letting TT Home loose on the device.

Upon switch on, no drum sound and the message appears "No maps found!"

Has anyone got a directory list or a screen grab of the directory structure I should see on the root of the device?

TIA

Cassi

Does the map 'Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB' go in the root or in a folder?

If a folder what is it's exact name?

TIA

Cassi

That should be the name of a FOLDER and there should be both folders and loose files within it.

We've been through this before, haven't we? Use WinRAR to unzip the zipped file. It retains the folder/file structure when it unzips......

No, not through it before and I know how to open a zip file.

This was a zip file on the original device storage accompanied by a TOC file. It is not obvious therefore that it should be saved in a different format.

Why should it be saved in a different format this time? Kindly explain.

"We've been through this before, haven't we? Use WinRAR to unzip the zipped file. It retains the folder/file structure when it unzips......"

You are totally wrong........

I have just taken a look and there are no folders, just 20 individual files.

Are you saying now that I should just unzip this and flood the root directory with these files?

Well, create a FOLDER called exactly Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB and extract the 20 individual files into it.

Ask a Question