Home Depot isn't a POI?!!

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom ONE
Okay - I'm a newbie here, but seriously. Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Saddleback Church - these are HUGE, nationally-known enterprises, and they don't come up as POIs on my TomTom ONE.

There's probably a download I'm missing, or am I only supposed to get airports, restaurants, golf courses, and pharmacies (to name a few)?

Sheesh! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...V.I.P.

You don`t think TomTom just randomly select the biggest store names and stick them in as POIs?

It`s all got to do with money. You pay the right price or shake the right hands and your POI appears!

TomTom's logo is TWO hands..... hehe

TomTom supplied poi's

Okay - I'm a newbie here, but seriously. Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Saddleback Church - these are HUGE, nationally-known enterprises, and they don't come up as POIs on my TomTom ONE.

There's probably a download I'm missing, or am I only supposed to get airports, restaurants, golf courses, and pharmacies (to name a few)?

Sheesh! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...V.I.P.
The poi's TomTom supplies are general, ex.Gas staions,Car Dealerships.Company,Hotel,Nightlife,Pharmacy etc. like you stated.The Specific POI's are made professionally or by some TomTom owners.(you can find them in the POI section of the Forum. but they are not for the total U.S.)We are constantly updating them when someone askes for a certain area that has not been added.Some have been made for tomtom users who asked for thier needs. Go to the POi section and download what you want. If you have special request don't hesitate to ask and we will try to
please you. REMEMBER to always mention State,City,Town and or Zip code!

George

The poi's TomTom supplies are general, ex.Gas staions,Car Dealerships.Company,Hotel,Nightlife,Pharmacy etc. like you stated.The Specific POI's are made professionally or by some TomTom owners.(you can find them in the POI section of the Forum. but they are not for the total U.S.)We are constantly updating them when someone askes for a certain area that has not been added.Some have been made for tomtom users who asked for thier needs. Go to the POi section and download what you want. If you have special request don't hesitate to ask and we will try to
please you. REMEMBER to always mention State,City,Town and or Zip code!

George
Hi George - thanks for answering me. Here's the deal - I travel all over the U.S.A. for business, and when I leave the hotel (in whatever city) - I need to find an Office Depot, or a Best Buy, or a Wal-Mart.

I have rented 3 cars with navigation systems before, and one of the units (a Magellan or a Garmin) let me punch in "retail stores" or "Wal-Mart" and it just came up. Everything in Ohio I punched in came up. So - with my TomTom do I have to download every retail store in every state in the US, is there some other solution with the TomTom, or should I return it and buy a Magellan or a Garmin? (So sorry, but it's got to meet my needs) - Irvine, CA, 92614

Hello VIP and welcome. Sorry to hear about your frustration.

My job is near the Irvine area and I would like to help. I noticed when searching for those POIs, Best Buy hardly comes up. Office depot does pop up and Walmart must be spelled "Wal-mart".

We can help making any POIs for your situation.

Ask a Question