Home Depot - 1.5

I am a new person to TomTom. Also own a Garmin GPS, but I find TomTom a lot better for travel purposes. I use my TomTom while working in the construction feild. I would love to be able to load up the locations of Home Depot and Lowes for the west coast or even just California. When I down loaded on of the Depots it said the nearest on was 302 miles away when there is one less then 200 yards from my house.:( Or how do I create a file to share:) with people that would show almost all of them.:) Thank you for the help. :D

I'm from the bay area, CA zip 95050 there are one about 2 miles from me.
When i lookup home depot from the uploaded list, it shown the near been 185m way.
Is there a newer version of the Home Depot POI that includes the Bay Area California?

Why don't you guys use the MyPoi program whose link I posted several times in this forum.
Here is one example for LouiseVille KY, after I edited out other 'Depot'.:D

Attachments

• HomeDepot.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 349
I don't know if this is way off base or even possible but I already know where stores are around me. Is there a single download that would give all or close to all home depots in the US or is that not possible. The reason I have a GPS is to find things when I'm not near home. Sorry if this is impossible or take to much space. I just know when I borrowed a garmin you could just about imput any store name and it would have the location, granted it was one of those $1000 plus models. Is that just a pipe dream for my 720.

Add MA please

Can anyone update this file with MA stores? Or tell me how too!!! Closest one right now is almost 200miles away from me in Boston :(

I'm a new tomtom user and stumbled across this site looking for info on how to add Home Depot to POI's. I downloaded the file successfully but I am living in Balt, MD. Is there an existing update for the MD/DC area?

Home Depot POI

Hey Guys just wondering if there is a POI for Home Depot Northern California.

Thanks

Home Depot POI Atlanta area

How about the POI for Home Depot in atlanta?
Is there anywhere to add add the POI in the home improvement catagory...
Home Depot , Lowe's Sherwin-Williams, ect?:rolleyes:

I keep wondering why so many want Home Depot and Lowes? My GO920 has them stock out of the box with the 7.10 maps although I guess it could be that they were just added.

As a new TT owner I am eager to get my POIs up to snuff. As a contractor I frequently find myself looking for the nearest Home Depot. Here's my home-grown Home Depot POI list, gleaned from their store locator during the past 24 hours.

Contents:
2143 Home Depot Locations
34 EXPO Design Center locations​

The Home Depot store in Guam is not listed because it's in Guam, on a separate map set.

Attachments

• HomeDepot.zip
    74.7 KB · Views: 327
Here is version 3 of my Home Depot POI files. Changes are as follows:
  • Corrected geocoding errors causing some stores to have the coordinates of other stores
  • Removed (1) store in Puerto Rico that was incorrectly retrieved from Home Depot's store locator
  • Corrected geocoded coordinates of NJ stores where I personally verified the main entrance position via Google Maps and first-hand knowledge of the area
Sorry for the frequent updates. I'm relatively new at this.

Attachments

• HomeDepot.zip
    82.9 KB · Views: 334
When I select a store it gives me directions to another store location 40 miles away!

If this is in reference to the files posted by me, I apologize. I found that if I gave the batch geocoding sites any more information than Address, City, State and Zip - such as Store Number - it screws up the geocoding. In fact, I did some tests to prove it to myself. In some cases I got the coordinates of other addresses in the same batch, and in some other extreme cases it was just OFF (not at another store) by about 15 miles.

Like I said, I'm relatively new at this, so there's bound to be some issues related to my experience, or lack of it.

Anyway, here is a corrected Home Depot listing. Note that the file names have changed, so that the POI category shows up as "Home Depot" (with a space) instead of "HomeDepot". I recommend deleting the existing HomeDepot cateogry via the TomTom menus (if it came from me), and then unzipping the contents of the new file into the appropriate map directory.

The attached file is version 4 of my Home Depot listing.

Attachments

• Home_Depot.zip
    83 KB · Views: 393
And here is version 5, with locations from Home Depot's own store locator on May 1, 2009. Includes all store locations in the United States and Canada, with addresses and phone numbers.

61 stores closed/removed (includes former EXPO DESIGN CENTER locations)
6 stores moved
36 new stores​

A total of 2151 stores.

There were quite a few new stores in Canada, which I had trouble locating the listed address. For these I did my best to get latitude/longitude based on the map shown on the store locator page.

As always, let me know if there are any errors.

Attachments

• Home_Depot.zip
    69.4 KB · Views: 367

Ask a Question