home cannot see new map when updating

TomTom Model(s)
Go 910
I have a 910 that has a 675.1409 map version on. The 910 is running version 7.162. TomTom Home Version 2.1.2.121. I have, and can see the new 710 map on my Tomtom.com account using IE and logging in... but TomTom Home when connected to my account and the device shows no updates. I have deleted the "downloads" folder as instructed by TomTom support with no positive results. I have reset the unit and restored from a previous backup, still with no results. I searched the forum and found that I may have to remove the map from the unit first then update. When I attempt to do this through Home, it warns me that the unit will not operate properly... continue? I figured I should post here first since you guys and gals know more than the support persons....

Thanks!!!!!

Last edited:
How is the map named when viewing via Windows Explorer?

I have only updated my EU map and the ver 665 is named Western and Central Europe whereas the new one, ver 710 is named Western_and_Central_Europe. My original US map ver 650 is named North_America.

My conclusion is that the new map is named exactly as the old map. I suggest you make a backup of your entire device first.

Make a copy the map via Windows Explorer. Using Operate my GO, switch maps. Note that the map names here are identical. The current map is the highlighted one thus select the other one. While on Operate my GO check if everything is ok. If yes, disconnect the device and again check if all is fine. Reconnect device and rename or delete the original map. Now check if the new map can be downloaded. It might require disconnecting and reconnecting the device again.

That was it

I had to go to Tomtom home.. find out where my "map" of North America was located.. delete that from the hard drive.... then Tomtom Home shows the new map.

Thanks!

Last edited:
can you explain how you deleted from hd.from the backups ?from the download folder ?which folder?

In TomTom Home, there is a screen that shows you your installed maps with buttons on the right-hand and location of the item; something like "my Computer" or "buy" There is a hot link under the Map labeled "Details". Click that and it will show you where TomTom home thinks that the installed and downloaded map is located on your computer. Delete or rename the folder that Tomtom Home thinks that the downloaded map is located. Then go to the update button and the new map will show up. Obviously, TomTom Home does not compare version numbers when deciding what has been downloaded from the server. I would assume that it only compares filenames or such.

Ask a Question