Home 2.? for Mac corrupt disk image

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910
My apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum to post this in...

I am trying to download the current (as of 16 February 2008) version of HOME for Mac from tomtom.com/home. The file that gets downloaded, TomTomHOME2maclatest.dmg, won't open. I get "The following Disk Images failed to mount" "Reason: corrupt image".

I have tried various browsers with the same results each time.

Are any other Mac users having this problem?

Anyone know where I can get a file that isn't corrupted?

Kevin

No, sorry. As an alternate you could install TTH from the CD that came with your TT and then let it "upgrade" to the latest version.

I have HOME 1.5 installed - when it checks for available updates it responds "You have the latest version of TomTom HOME."

When I go to the web site it shows a version 2 available but the file is corrupted.

Kevin

I have the latest installed with no problem. I just downloaded it and tested it. I uploaded this tested file here:

Let me know if it works for you.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for trying you can take the file back down. After I had the same problem with the file you posted I eventually found the problem is that Home 2.x requires OS X 10.4 and I am on 10.3.9.

The corrupt disk image error I was getting is from the default compression 10.4 uses to create a .dmg file. I found how to decompress it in terminal but the resulting application file won't run in 10.3.9.

What really burns me is that at some point in the process I checked the minimum system requirements and found 10.3.9 listed. But now I can't find where that was and the download page says 10.4.

Anyhow, thanks to both of you for trying to help me out.

Kevin

I had no problem installing under OS X.4.11 but I have two new problems...

1. Under "operate my TomTom", I download the required file but then I get an error that says, "installation of the add-on failed."

Funny, I finally got my TT One 3rd to operate with the Virtual TT under Home version 1.6... Now I'm regretting upgrading to Home version 2.

2. On the main menu in Home it says my TT Map is 5 weeks out of date and I have 2790 Mapshare corrections waiting. Problem is that when I click the link I get a "no items available"... My device is 5 weeks out of date and I'm sure I need to download the corrections.

Edit:

I hooked up to my Windows XP machine.

I then updated the Home application to the latest version as per instructions.

Similar problems as on the Mac version as below...

1. Unlike the Mac, Virtual TomTom is functional but the screen shows my TT application at version 7.163 when in reality it's at 7.166.

2. On the main menu in Home it says my TT Map is 4 weeks out of date and I have 2744 Mapshare corrections waiting. Problem is that when I click the link I get a "no items available"... Same issue on the Mac except for the numbers.

Also I decided to do a MapShare correct myself but when I went to update, again it said no updates available and it did not upload my latest correction.

I then went back to the Mac version and it recognized and uploaded my correction but it still says I need to download corrections while then telling me none are available!

Another typical TomTom mess!!

Last edited:
I currently own a TT One 3rd Edition and just pre-ordred a TT Go 730 and am looking forward to getting it in the next few weeks.

I also had no problem installing what is now TT Home v.2.2.2.28 (for the Mac) under OSX 10.4.11.

Unfortunately, I'm also running into the same problem: when I try to use the "Operate my TomTom" I'm told that I need to download a required file, which I then do, only to get the same infamous error stating "installation of the add-on failed."

I like TT Home v.2.2, but it's useless to me without the "Operate my TomTom" function! I'd really prefer not to revert to Home v.1.6 where it does work.

Does anyone know if this problem has been fixed, and, if it has, what that fix might be?? Or are we just in another TomTom stall, having another long wait for TomTom to eventually get around to fixing this problem?

It's really a shame that TomTom should spoil what are essentially great GPS products with such stupid software problems.

Any information concerning this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Dave

I currently own a TT One 3rd Edition and just pre-ordred a TT Go 730 and am looking forward to getting it in the next few weeks.

I also had no problem installing what is now TT Home v.2.2.2.28 (for the Mac) under OSX 10.4.11.

Unfortunately, I'm also running into the same problem: when I try to use the "Operate my TomTom" I'm told that I need to download a required file, which I then do, only to get the same infamous error stating "installation of the add-on failed."

I like TT Home v.2.2, but it's useless to me without the "Operate my TomTom" function! I'd really prefer not to revert to Home v.1.6 where it does work.

Does anyone know if this problem has been fixed, and, if it has, what that fix might be?? Or are we just in another TomTom stall, having another long wait for TomTom to eventually get around to fixing this problem?

It's really a shame that TomTom should spoil what are essentially great GPS products with such stupid software problems.

Any information concerning this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Dave

They ( TT ) are aware of it. Apparently there is a new version of TT Home coming out soon. The "Operate My Go" worked for me on my Macbook Pro until the 7.48 firmware updates that went to my 920. I really did not often use it but occasionally would send a destination to my device from Google maps but that's no longer possible without that function.
John

Ask a Question