Home 2.6.2.1586 vs. Home 2.5

TomTom Model(s)
Go 950 rev. 855.2884
With Home 2.5, I could backup my device, operate my device, add computer voices, add a car symbol, change my start-up and shut-down pictures, and much more. Then I updated Home 2 to 2.6.2.1586, and now Home 2 tells me that my device won't support those features.

Why? :( Home 2.5 used to support those features, and the old files are still on the Go 720 (rev. 8.302.9738.1) when I could update them. Why can't I update them now? I thought the purpose of an update was to add features, not take them away.
:mad:

You may wish to uninstall and re-install 2.6 and see if the problems are resolved. If not, you may wish to revert to 2.5.

update

I still have the philosophy that you should never short of total distruction to never go backward. Just suck in your gut.. good luck

Going Backwards to Go Forwards.

Ye Olde Software (2.5.2.60) works. I de-installed the new software, and it works like it always did.

it just goes to show you: new is not always improved.

I had problems with Home2.6.2.1586 also. It would gobble up 100% CPU, even though it was doing anything. Tried reinstalling it but no different, even 2.6.3.nnnn.
Ended up going back to 2.4 which works fine.

Ask a Question