Home 2.2 new POI categories not updating?

TomTom Model(s)
One LE
Okay, so I notice that Home 2.2 has new POI categories. But I have them checked all, but yet I don't see these new POI categories in my ONE LE.

I see new POI categories in HOME Map share Preferences, like: church, law courts, leisure center, mountain pass, mountain peak, and etc. But they are nowhere to be found on my One LE? So what's the deal? Anyone?

Hmm, I'll have to check this out when I get home tonight. I was trying to figure out where MapShare stored it's changes on the TomTom, but for the life of me, I can't figure out which file/s are changed on the Tom Tom when MapShare "updates."

I believe that if you get the 80mb or so POI.dat file, it doesn't contain all the extra POI categories... But if you have the 260mb or so POI.dat file, you get all the categories. I think I read that here on these forums somewhere...

I appreciate the answer. Could you help me find this thread? I'd like to learn what I can do? If there is anything I can do.

Edit..

I checked the USA_and_Canada folder in my One LE and the Poi.dat file is 55.2 MB

Last edited:
The only thing you can do is find the larger POI.dat file somewhere - I'm not sure if that file is copywritten or not, so it may be illegal to do so... *shrug* I am not a lawyer, but I know I've not seen anyone post it on here or any of the other forums I've visited in the past - so I think without buying a new map - you're out of luck.

Okay, so I notice that Home 2.2 has new POI categories. But I have them checked all, but yet I don't see these new POI categories in my ONE LE.

I see new POI categories in HOME Map share Preferences, like: church, law courts, leisure center, mountain pass, mountain peak, and etc. But they are nowhere to be found on my One LE? So what's the deal? Anyone?

Well, I have some of the ones you listed above (church, law courts). I may have had them before and not noticed them, but I don't have the others, and they are listed on the Mapshare preferences page.
dunno.gif

Well, I have some of the ones you listed above (church, law courts). I may have had them before and not noticed them, but I don't have the others, and they are listed on the Mapshare preferences page.
dunno.gif

I have the 1609 poi.dat file; indeed, mountain passes, etc. are included as categories.

Mind you, while that poi has relevance for where you live (Colorado), I don't expect that too many would show where I am (Toronto) :eek:

p.s. for the moment, anyway, (it's 7 am Eastern Time here) there is apost in this thread as to where to get the larger poi.dat file:
http://tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4998&page=7

Is it legal to have them posted? Probably not. But, I'm just the messenger.

I have the 1609 poi.dat file; indeed, mountain passes, etc. are included as categories.

Mind you, while that poi has relevance for where you live (Colorado), I don't expect that too many would show where I am (Toronto) :eek:

p.s. for the moment, anyway, (it's 7 am Eastern Time here) there is apost in this thread as to where to get the larger poi.dat file:
http://tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=4998&page=7

Is it legal to have them posted? Probably not. But, I'm just the messenger.

I have the 1609 map too, but I don't have mountain pass or peak on my Tom Tom. I do see it in the preferences page Mapshare properties on Home. Do you have mountain pass or peak on your Tom Tom?

I have the 1609 map too, but I don't have mountain pass or peak on my Tom Tom. I do see it in the preferences page Mapshare properties on Home. Do you have mountain pass or peak on your Tom Tom?

I do not but I suspect the reason is that I have not checked off the categories (if indeed they are there) because I don't need them .... not around here, anyway.

I do NOT have them checked off in TTHome for receiving changes to those poi's.

you may want to try this:

In TTHome, under Add Maps/Etc.., check Add POI's. See if the screen shows Mountains listed with a location of computer; if so, click on 'Install'

Option B......

In mapshare preferences in TTHome, check you want to receive poi updates for mountains, then go to Update my TomTom and see whether any poi updates get dl and installed.

Last edited:
I do not but I suspect the reason is that I have not checked off the categories (if indeed they are there) because I don't need them .... not around here, anyway.

I do NOT have them checked off in TTHome for receiving changes to those poi's.

you may want to try this:

In TTHome, under Add Maps/Etc.., check Add POI's. See if the screen shows Mountains listed with a location of computer; if so, click on 'Install'

Option B......

In mapshare preferences in TTHome, check you want to receive poi updates for mountains, then go to Update my TomTom and see whether any poi updates get dl and installed.

I've already done the latter, and they don't show on the Tom Tom. Maybe they created some new categories but haven't filled them with any POIs yet?

I'll try your first suggestion tonight and see what happens, thanks! :D

Well, no luck adding it though that method. I think those in Add POI are community shared that you can simply download, not those from MapShare.

Plus, that area make me angry - I try and filter US only, and still get all the Europe stuff :mad:

Thanks for all the info guys.

Just wanna tell you that even if I wanted to exchange the one I got for the 200+MB dat file, I would definitely run out of HD space, since I only have now 90MB free.

My One LE cam with an internal Flash Memory of only 1GB. It does have the ability to add SD Flash Memory Cards, but I would have to completely transfer everything --and that is something I am not too sure if it will just present even more issues.

TomTom Reply

I asked TomTom customer support about the apparent lack of POI updates. Here's the response:

"Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support regarding your not received any POI updates since Dec 29, 2007. My name is Bill and it is my goal to provide you with an exceptional customer experience. I do apologize for the delay in responding to your email.

We can certainly understand your frustration believing you are not getting the POI updates. The POIs updates are an automatic update. There is no outward sign that they are downloading. It is the same with the map corrections. You will not see the corrections downloading. Rest assured that you are receiving your POI updates."

I asked TomTom customer support about the apparent lack of POI updates. Here's the response:

"Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support regarding your not received any POI updates since Dec 29, 2007. My name is Bill and it is my goal to provide you with an exceptional customer experience. I do apologize for the delay in responding to your email.

We can certainly understand your frustration believing you are not getting the POI updates. The POIs updates are an automatic update. There is no outward sign that they are downloading. It is the same with the map corrections. You will not see the corrections downloading. Rest assured that you are receiving your POI updates."

Another wrong response.....

In fact, there were poi updates about 5 days ago. None prior to that for almost 5 weeks and none since.

As far as map corrections.......of course you see mapshare updates downloading.

How can you tell that you received POI updates?

Because on the update screen, there was a separate row that specifically said (and showed the progress bar) for poi updates. As to what specific poi's got updated....that is a good question. There were 4 files with a date stamp = the date of the poi update. Not sure what went where.:confused: :confused:

Test for POI updates?

Is there some way we can test to see if we're really getting updated POI's? For example, is there a specific POI somebody added/updated via MapShare that can be verified on others' devices?

Ask a Question