Hide tips

Tomtom one 30 series
just done factory reset, now tips keep popping up,cant find anywhere in menus to hide this function , didn;t do this before reset , any ideas please
Thanks

Welcome to TTF.

I don't think that model has a 'hide tip' setting but over time they do disappear.

Yes, they do disappear over time, but it's very annoying until then!
I think that MAYBE you only get each tip once, so you could try some frantic button pushing to get it all over with quickly! :)

Run a custom menu on the device and put the following line of text in to it:

TASK_SWITCH_TIPS

Use the device and you will get the enable/ disable tips option, turn the tips off then remove the custom menu file to revert back to normal menu - Otherwise simply wait until the device stops offering the annoying tips screens - Mike

Run a custom menu on the device and put the following line of text in to it:

TASK_SWITCH_TIPS

Use the device and you will get the enable/ disable tips option, turn the tips off then remove the custom menu file to revert back to normal menu - Otherwise simply wait until the device stops offering the annoying tips screens - Mike

Hi Mike,
I have recently bought an XL Live and I get the occassional "tip" and it's annoying.
There is NO menu item, that I can find, to HIDE TIPS.
How do I add the menu item you refer to in your post?
Best regards,
Mike
(Wirral Peninsular)

In my previous post I gave a link to another thread which contains details on setting up a custom menu on the device - Mike

Ask a Question