Hi from Norway

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone / Android / GO1015
I fond a reference to this forum in an European forum, and I just joined it.

I live in Norway, and I have used TomTom for 6 years now. First on the PDA and now I am using a GO910.

I go to the US 1 - 2 times each year, both vacation and business, and I do a lot of driving. I did a 5000 miles trip in July with my GO910. And I have been driving in 49 states! By the way, I logged all that trip with Tripmaster, a fantastic addition to GO910.

Hello and welcome to the forum! Thanks for stopping by and already sharing valueable information with our members already! It seems like you are really putting your TT910 to work hehe, if you have time, tell us a bit about your trip or experience in all 49 states on your last trip on our sub-forum call TomTom Stories.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Again, welcome to TomTomForums.com and thanks for sharing!

John

Welcome to runarg. I keep hearing people enjoy tripmaster, Im going to have to download it when I receive my home dock from TomTom.

Welcome to runarg. I keep hearing people enjoy tripmaster, Im going to have to download it when I receive my home dock from TomTom.
Yes, you shold try it. I like it very much. It gives you information that we have missed in TomTom for years, like altitude. And it is very exact. I have checked it many times both at home and on my trip to the US, and it usually is never more than 15 feet from the correct altitude.

And it is really great to sit at home and see exactly where I was driving in July on my US trip. To have the time, position, altitude and place logged each 30 second and watch it all in Google Earth is so fun!

Interesting! How can you watch it on Google Earth?
You have 2 options: You can log to a .GPX-file and import it in Google Earth. Or you can log to an .ITN-file (TomTom itenerary format) open it in Google-TomTom and start Google Earth. The route is automaticaly displayed.

I use the last option. Then you just double-click the log-file. Google-TomTom opens. There you click Show route, Google earth opens and display the route. That is only 2 clicks!

Obviously being new to GPS and TomTom I have never used this program. Hope this does not sound novice but what does it offer to make it worthwhile. By the way runarg you live in a beautiful country. I do not think I ever made it to Drammen, I think that is where you are from, but I have friends and sort of family who live in Gol and Nesbyen.

Hey runarg! Good to have an international viewpoint around here too! I know TomTom is much bigger across the pond than here in the States. We need to spread the word!

Obviously being new to GPS and TomTom I have never used this program. Hope this does not sound novice but what does it offer to make it worthwhile. By the way runarg you live in a beautiful country. I do not think I ever made it to Drammen, I think that is where you are from, but I have friends and sort of family who live in Gol and Nesbyen.
Yes, Norway is beautiful, but so is much of the US. That's why I go there each year on vacation driving around. My next trip will be November this year!

Gol and Nesbyen is in the same county as Drammen. If yoy have been there (or planning to go there) I'm sure that you have been driving thru Drammen:D

For Tripmaster, check the web site of the program, and you will see what it does!

Hey runarg! Good to have an international viewpoint around here too! I know TomTom is much bigger across the pond than here in the States. We need to spread the word!
I am glad that I found this forum. Since I travel a lot in the US, I like to know what you think about TomTom and what problems you have.

By the way, the US maps that comes with the GOx10 series are MUCH better than previous versions. But the Canada maps are still not very good.

The maps in Los Angeles so far havent failed me yet, and with the news I gotten from TomTom about new updated maps being release shortly, I believe thats going to bring the accuracy level up to par. I have a TT510 btw. =)

Ask a Question