Hi all, not really new, been working on splash screens for a while now...

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Eclipse
... little did I know I would become addicted to custom splash screens for my TT. I change the image almost daily. It got to the point where I started thinking it would be great to have a place to centrally store them all. I threw together a quick Gallery on my web server to house them... here. Feel free to upload some if you have them, or download some if you don't.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far.

(sorry if you think this is spam, it was not intended to be)

Lazy but wants splash shots

... little did I know I would become addicted to custom splash screens for my TT. I change the image almost daily.

I am interested in this, but I am also a bit lazy to track down how to change my splash shot, could you give quick instructions here?
thx,
joey

assuming you are taking an image from the forums or my gallery page, you need to run it through the converter... located here:

http://neilstyles.com/generator.php

that will give you a .bmp file that is actually rotated 90 degrees... no clue why TT wants it this way but they do... the file name will be splash.bmp... save it to your computer (anywhere)

plug in your TT - should show up as a removable drive (in either windows - my computer, or mac - finder). there are lots of files on this removable drive - don't mess with them unless you know what you are doing.

copy the splash.bmp FROM your TT to somewhere so you have it backed up for later... then put the new one (from the step above) into the same place on the removable drive.

that's it - in a very quick and dirty way.

Ask a Question